Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

Need to choose new router. Want to future-proof wireless home

Need to choose new router. Want to future-proof wireless home office with usb and cloud.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you,

You are choosing between two great routers. I am sure you have done your research and realized that their ratings are almost dead even.

The Netgear R6300 is not part of the Netgear ReadyShare Cloud which was one of your requirements. I would recommend that you go with the Asus RT AC66U since it meets all of your requirements and it really is a dead heat on both of them. The ASUS is about $20 more than the Netgear but it is worth it if you wish to enjoy the cloud feature.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my only cloud experience is dropbox and back up program. i think it is wave of future for routers--am i correct. also, what about the usb features of these routers. are they most current or do you have any other recommendation to make. i will need to hook up with charter for internet service and a blueray, and dish network sling as well as two wireless printers and a new software by nuance called omni page.

any guidance appreciated. i did understand of these two to choose asus. thanks

ohh. forgot i will probably upgrade to windows 8 soon and i have multitude of software programs. is the cat 6 ethernet the way to go--it is hardwired and has to go through walls.

The ASUS has two USB ports(same as the Netgear) and everything is what you would need in a router for the future.

It can withstand your blu-ray, dish network, printers, etc. I would not worry when purchasing this router. If I had to upgrade my router at the moment, the ASUS would be my first choice.