Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

NetComm Wireless N330 Modem Setup please

Customer Question

Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there another model for it, besides N330?

Do you mean if you connect the computer to the netcomm device with a cable, then Internet works?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or Mac computer?

When you click on the small wireless / network icon on the screen, then connect/select your wireless network name, then what happens?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a NetComm Wireless Modem Router and its Model no is N300 Not N330 Sorry yes it works via cable its is windows 7 It does not connect wirelessly

Is this a laptop or desktop? What device(s) are you trying to connect via wireless?

Are you able to use Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon) on the computer?

Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can check and fix this issue directly for you?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a Toshiba Laptop and I have a Airport Express device and an IP Camera which I have had working wirelessly after accidently rebooting the router to factory settings I cant reconfigure the damned thing

Sorry, from the laptop, click on the wireless/network icon at the bottom right of the screen, then select / connect the network name, then what happens? Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Windows not able to connect to wireless network

I'm sorry, I'm not sure about this issue. Let me open it to other Professionals. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com my name isCustomerXXXXX I'm here to help you with your networking question.

The easiest thing is to put the router back to the way it was.

Do you know the router's Wi-Fi network name & network password?

Do you have the manual for your router please?

Does your N300 have one two or three antennas as there are three N300 models available.

Does it say NP800n; NP801n or NP804N on the front of the router?