Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

How do I connect to Netflix?

How do I connect to Netflix?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is XXXX XXX I will be assisting you,

What device are you trying to connect to Netflix with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sony Bravia tv, model #40S5 100

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a wireless router in your house?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
This TV model will require that you have a hardwire connection to your router(ethernet cable running from the TV to the router) since there isn't a built-in wireless option.

Once your TV is connected through the hardwire:

1. Using the supplied remote, press the HOME or MENU button.
  2. Press the left arrow or right arrow to select the Video icon.
  3. Press the down arrow to select the Netflix [FIG.2] icon.
  4. Press the ENTER [FIG.1] button.
  5. Use the directional arrows to select a movie.
  6. Press the ENTER button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
We have streamed Netflix to this same tv through the wireless router. Therefore, this answer is incorrect.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi Peggy,

I am very sorry, I was looking up the wrong model TV in my notes.

If you follow the steps for connecting to Netflix; it will prompt you to connect to the internet so you can connect via your wireless connection.

4. Press the ENTER [FIG.1] button.
  6. Press the ENTER button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry Josh, but that did not fix the problem. My tv screen still says,
"Internet Content Connection Status"

"Connection status cannot be confirmed"

"A network error has occurred."

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Has anything changed recently since it worked previously?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A different modem has been installed. U-verse technical support believes this could not be the problem. What do you think?

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Are any other wireless devices connecting fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. A laptop computer and an ipad work off the wireless

router.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
  1. Using the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Network Set-up.
  4. Select View Network Status.
  5. Press ENTER to confirm network status.
  6. Select either Wireless Set-up
  7. Select Scan. Scan can be used to set up any type of wireless network. You will need to know your network SSID and security key or password for secured networks. If using a secure network follow the correct sub step.
    * A WPS (Push Button) W-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) makes network setup as easy as the touch of a button.
    * A WPS (PIN) Allows for WPS setup of your TV by providing a PIN that you will set in your wireless router.
    * Secured Network without Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My tv (sony) remote does not have a "home" button on it.
We have a blue-ray remote that has a "home" button.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Peggy,

I see where the confusion is now -- I have been helping you with steps on connecting your TV to the router(which requires an additional item that you had to purchase). That is why I stated it is not wireless; previously you didn't mention you were connected to Netflix through your Blu-ray and not TV.

What is the make/model of your Blu-ray?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sony/BDP-S570/BX57

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Great --

Turn on your Blu-Ray player and make sure it is appearing on the screen.

Click on Setting then Network Settings then Internet Settings then Wireless Setup then Scan

Connect to your network then use Netflix
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I suppose you want me to use the blue-ray remote, right?

It does not have "setting" button. It has a "home" button. Where should I have the tv screen right now?

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Use the Blu-ray remote -- There isn't a 'Settings' button it will show up on the screen and you must Select it.(the same goes for every option above)

The TV should be showing the blu-ray home screen on it; if it isn't then change the TV Input to the screen setting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have the blu-ray on the screen and have used that remote but cannot get "settings" to pop up on the screen.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Please take a look at the image below(it should be on your screen)

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK Josh! I believe I finally got it. It was the new modem after all. So much for U'verse tech people. thanks for your help, and thanks for not typing in "Arabic"

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
You are so welcome!!

Please rate this answer as EXCELLENT so I am compensated
Josh, Helpdesk
Experience: 5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support