Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, System Administrator
Experience:  Fully conversant with Networking (LAN/WAN) and associated systems (Active Directory/Firewalls etc)

"For Steve Herrod only" Are you available now? If not,

"For Steve Herrod only"

Are you available now? If not, will you be available tomorrow afternoon around 2pm PST?

Steve Herrod :

Hi, am mobile right now but can be available tomorrow at 2PM PST?

sounds good. see you then.

Steve Herrod :

I am back. Sorry, I was having internet connection problem. It just now started working.

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Are you ready for me to post my questions? I will start with the essay portion first.

Steve Herrod :

(TCO 1) Redundancy in switch-based networks is arbitrated by what protocol? How does this protocol do this function? (Points : 35)

2. (TCO 2) Using the PPDIOO method, what are the three design methodology steps, and what is done at each of these steps? (Points : 35)

3. (TCO 3) When RSTP is not available, STP can be better managed using several options. Name and describe four of these options. (Points : 35)

4. (TCO 4) What is MPLS? How does it work when used as a WAN link between two locations? (Points : 35)

5. (TCO 5) When developing an IP address plan in order to determine the network size, what questions should be answered? (Points : 35)

6. (TCO 6) What is route summarization? (Points : 35)

7. (TCO 7) A SIP network requires what four components? (Points : 35)

Steve Herrod :

got them

Steve Herrod :

just finishing

(TCO 1) A local area network operates at what layers of the OSI model? (Points : 5) 1 and 2 2 and 3 1 and 3 None of the above

2. (TCO 2) What are the three layers in order from bottom to top of Cisco’s three layer hierarchal design model? (Points : 5)

Core distribution access Access distribution core Access core distribution 1 2 3

3. (TCO 2) In the campus network distribution layer route, summarization is configured on the interfaces toward the _____ layer. (Points : 5)

access distribution STP core

4. (TCO 3) The enterprise edge module can include which one of the following? (Points : 5)

WAAS E-commerce Route redundancy RMON

5. (TCO 3) Network applications can be categorized into four types. Which one of these is NOT one of the four types? (Points : 5)

Peer-to-peer Client-data center Peer-to-server Client-local server

6. (TCO 4) This WAN connection type was developed in the 1980s as a packet switching technology using PVCs. (Points : 5)

7. (TCO 4) Response time is (Points : 5)

the time between a user request and a response from the host system. the amount of data that is successfully moved. the time required for redirection. the time required for the routes to converge.

8. (TCO 5) An IPV4 address uses how many bits? (Points : 5)

8 32 128 256

9. (TCO 5) The leading zeros in an IPV6 address are (Points : 5)

only used in emergencies. mandatory. optional. replaced by question marks.

10. (TCO 6) The metric for RIP is (Points : 5)

delay. speed. capacity. hop count.

11. (TCO 7) The protocol used to carry voice conversations when using VOIP is (Points : 5)

it didn't come out well.

I will send it a different way.

Steve Herrod :

Steve Herrod :

these are the essay ones

Hopefully, this one is better.

Steve Herrod :

got it

Steve Herrod :

this is the file

Thanks! Are you still in England?

Steve Herrod :

am now but was back for a while

ok, I will go ahead and complete the rest of this process and will contact you in a few weeks.

Steve Herrod :