Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.

i have a sony vaio model # XXXXX when on the internet

Customer Question

i have a sony vaio model # XXXXX when on the internet pages load very slow, when I go to sony web site I cannot install updates
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it also load slow in safe mode with networking?

Have you tried with multiple browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.?

Have you tried disconnecting the power cord from the modem/router for a few minutes, then reconnect, and check?

If you have another computer, does Internet work fine?

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the problem is also in safe mode, I am using windows 7, which was installed before purchase, other computers in the house connected to wifi works fine.

Thank you for the information. Let's refresh the connection from the modem/router to the sony vaio by disconnecting the power cord from the modem/router for a few minutes, then reconnect.

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows and folders.
  2. Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
  3. Open Network and Internet, open Internet Options. Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet files.
  4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  6. Then check Internet.

If that does not work, click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device manager, then click on the + (plus) sign in front of Network adapters and right-click on each of the items under it and click on Uninstall and confirm (but don't delete the driver when prompted). Then restart the computer, and it will automatically reinstall.

Next, please click on Start->All Programs->Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator. Then type each of the command lines below, one line at a time, and press the Enter key each time:

netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset netshlog.txt

Then restart the computer and check.

If that still does not work, please go to Safe Mode with Networking, then go to the website below to download and install the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware programs:
, then scan your computer using the Quick Scan option, then restart the computer normally, and check.
(Note: Do not buy anything or try the Pro version; just use its free feature. Also, note that the program name is Malwarebytes Anti-malware software.)

If needed, please try another browser, such as Firefox, and see if the internet/web pages work faster in Firefox:

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Computer will not let me download or update anything when I click on the run tab no response

Can you download from a working computer, then transfer over via the usb / flash drive, the install /scan in safe mode with networking? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try it, thank you

You're welcome. OK, thank you.