Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

Hello, I have an Elmo PTC-201C IP camera that I want to

I have an Elmo PTC-201C IP camera that I want to connect to my simple home network.

I've defaulted the camera to an IP address of 192.168.0.100. However I'm not able to see or ping it.

I think the settings may be wrong in my PC and or router because when I run Advanced IP scanner software I get absolutely no returns in the 192.168.0.xxx range but I start getting returns as soon as it gets to the 192.168.1.xxx range.

My router is a Linksys E1200.

How can I set my PC and or router to connect with this camera?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you set the camera to

192.168.1.98

and try to access it on this address.

Does it then work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richie,

No I cannot. The original IP was lost so all I could do was default it to 192.168.0.100. I cant do a thing with it until I establish communications with it. I do have a MAC address for the camera if that's of any help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it helps, the manual is here: http://www.elmousa.com/sites/default/files/PTC-201CIP_manual.pdf
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,

Click This link

Click ME

The username is XXXXX XXXXX the password XXXXX XXXXX

Go to Settings and change the LanIP to 192.168.0.1

Also change the DHCP Range to 192.168.0

Save this and then restart your computer

You should then be able to connect to it Tom as your computer is in 192.168.0 range.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please know that I know just enough about networking to get myself into trouble.So you want me to change the address of my router to 192.168.0.1 ?Also the DHCP range is set to 192.168.1.100 to 149. I cant see that I can change that to 192.168.0
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Correct.

change the address of your router to 192.168.0.1

You can leave the DHCP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That worked fine. I can now ping the camera 100%. Do I now need to set the camera to a 192.168.1.xxx number then reset the router to that range also?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, you can just leave the router like this.

It is no different then before, and will work with no issues.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Network Specialist
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great thanks.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to have to ask you again but I had communication with the camera, but I seem to have lost it again.

I've done a complete reset on the router and camera. That should put the camera on 192.168.0.100. I changed the IP of the router to 192.168.0.1 and rebooted but now I cant see or ping the camera.

I know I'm an idiot but what did I do !!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
click start, type in CMD and press enter

type in ipconfig

press enter

what is your IP Address?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like IPV4 address: 192.168.0.107
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Then you should see the camera on

192.168.0.100

Are you sure its on

Did this stop working all of a sudden?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only after I changed the IP address and it rebooted.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What did you change IP to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
192.168.1.2, but I then defaulted it back to 192.168.0.100
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Why 192.168.1.2?

As then you put it on a different network which is why you cannot connect...

Can you put it all back the way we had it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried doing a reset on the router to bring it back to default also the camera. Then changing the router's IP to 192.168.0.1, but it didn't work ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can ping the router at 192.168.0.1 100% good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I ping the camera at 192.168.0.100 I get: Reply from 192.168.0.107. Destination host unreachable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I just rebooted the camera and it came back to life !!!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, as it needed to update the new IP.

Leave it as it is!! :)

Thank you
Richard, Network Specialist