A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Network Administrator
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

Have forgotten my password

Have forgotten my password
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to be working with you today. Let's see if we can get your problem resolved!

There are 3 passwords involved with Kindle. I'm not sure which one you're missing.

The first is a screen lock password XXXXX comes up when you turn the Kindle on. You may or may not have a screen lock password XXXXX If you aren't asked for a password XXXXX you unlock the Kindle screen, this isn't the password XXXXX need.

The second is your amazon.com password. If you can successfully login to amazon.com, you don't need this password.

The third is a WIFI password. This is the security password XXXXX the wireless router you are connected too.

So what password XXXXX you needing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The WIFI password

That's more of a problem with your router than the Kindle. Let me see if I can get someone in networking to help. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think it's the WIFI. When I turn on the Kindle I get a request for my password. Never before have had that.

I am here to help you with your Networking problem.

The first thing you should try is power off then power on the wireless router.

To do this, simply remove the power from the wireless router, wait 60 seconds, then power on the wireless router again.

After the wireless router is on, please try to access the internet on your Kindle.

If this does not work, please let me know and we will try something else to get this working for you.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My computer is wireless and I have a new modem and all is working properly. Just the Kindle

Ok, Thank you.

So we kind of need to figure out which password XXXXX asking for.

Can you successfully sign into Amazon's Manage your Kindle site online? Please try to sign in with your email address and password XXXXX:

http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

It may be that your password XXXXX XXXXX working and needs to be reset for the Amazon account / Kindle.

Please try and let me know.
A. Stevens, Network Administrator
Experience: 10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.