comp_audio
comp_audio, System Administrator
Experience:  20+ years experience working in many different networking environments, and I am eager to help you.
44312836

Re:Visio BluRay Mod#VBR344. I have had this unit for 2 years

Re:Visio BluRay Mod#VBR344. I have had this unit for 2 years and use it for NetFliux, Vudu, Pandora, etc. Suddenly, it will NOT connect to Netflix. Comes back with "not connected to internet"! I've been with both Vizio & Netflix techs for days and brought the entire situation down to it's the BluRay-Netflix connection. I receive all other services except Netflix. I've put the ethernet cable directly into the BluRay. I can get Netflix on my computers, just not the BluRay. I've now been told by my IT techs that the BluRay has to be re-set as it's not accepting my passcodes correctly now. I use AT&T IT service. Can you run nme through a reset?

comp_audio :

HELLO, and thanks for using JustAnswer, the internet's independent pay site for Q&A consultation. My name isXXXXX nicknamed "PcTech."
I will work on your question as quickly and efficiently as I can all while offering you the highest quality support available. The most important thing to me is that in the end you are satisfied, and want to rate my service as “EXCELLENT”.

comp_audio :

Give me a moment and I will send you the instructions for how to do a factory reset on your BR player.

comp_audio :

1. Turn the player off using the Power Button on the remote. Wait 15 seconds, then power the player.
2. Unplug the AC power cord for 15 seconds, then plug the power cord back into the outlet.
3. Go to the Settings Menu, select System. Scroll down to "Restore Factory Defaults".
With "Restore factory settings" highlighted, press OK.
4. Go to the Settings Menu, select System. Scroll down to "Restore Factory Defaults".
With "Restore factory settings and deactivate all connected applications" highlighted, press OK
Restore settings screen

comp_audio :

Vizio
Full Size Image

comp_audio :

The solution I have provided to you should answer your question. I hope that you will be able to accept my answer and give me an “Excellent” rating. If I have not solved your question satisfactorily or you feel you cannot rate my service as “Excellent” please reply and tell me why so that I can earn your satisfaction and obtain an “Excellent” rating. Of course I will be here on www.JustAnswer.com whenever you need me, and remember you can always request me, “PcTech”.

comp_audio :

Keep in mind you will probably have to re-authorize your apps, but I am not 100% on that.

Customer:

Ill try this and be back to you. Thanks

comp_audio :

My pleasure. I am eager to hear the results.

Customer:

It did NOT work

comp_audio :

Did you find the menu for resetting to factory?

Customer:

Yes

comp_audio :

So it did perform the factory reset then correct?

Customer:

I must assume so. Keep in mind, this process was pretty much what the Vizuio tech had me do several times this morning

comp_audio :

Ah, ok. So everything else is working except the Netflix right?

Customer:

Right

Customer:

Shall I remain here?

comp_audio :

Ok, tell me the error message that comes up when you try to access Netflix from it?

Customer:

Not connected to internet

comp_audio :

And all other apps on the BR player access it fine?

comp_audio :

Or do you just use the BR for netflix?

Customer:

BR?

comp_audio :

Sorry, that means Blue Ray.

Customer:

Yes, all other apps: VuDu, Paandora etc work fine. AND, Netflix will come in over my computer just fine

comp_audio :

But all the other apps are on the BR and they work ok?

Customer:

yes

comp_audio :

ok, hold on a moment while I check a couple things okay?

Customer:

okay

comp_audio :

Strange one, but please try this...

Customer:

OK

Customer:

What?

comp_audio :

Disconnect and Reconnect the Netflix application Launch the Netflix app. Using the arrows on your remote, enter the following sequence: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up Select Deactivate and exit the screen. Restart the Netflix app and sign in to your account. Test the Internet connection on your device.

Customer:

I'm printing it & will try it. Be back to you. I'm leaving this "open"

Customer:

Wait...how do I disconnet & reconnect the Netflix app?

comp_audio :

OK. When you get back, just message me and I will rejoin the chat session.

comp_audio :

Thanks

Customer:

Are you here/

comp_audio :

Yes I am here

Customer:

OK, how do I disconnect & reconnect Netflix app

Customer:

I tested the IT connection; it's fine

comp_audio :

I know it is somewhat confusing but did you try this
After launching Netflix (even if it errors out) Using the arrows on your remote, enter the following sequence: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up Select Deactivate and exit the screen.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

WEell, thta was a surpise. I go a Netflix screen that says "Netflix AccountOwner.....device not registered"

comp_audio :

That is good, now you should be able to register the device like you did when it was new, and you should be good to go.

Customer:

How did I do that?

comp_audio :

There should be a screen there that says to go to a website, and enter some numbers or something like that on your screen now.

Customer:

Oh, OK. Thanks

Customer:

Yopu did gooooooood