Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, System Administrator
Experience:  Fully conversant with Networking (LAN/WAN) and associated systems (Active Directory/Firewalls etc)

Ive bought a Netgear WNR2000v3, and it will let as many devices

I've bought a Netgear WNR2000v3, and it will let as many devices as I want connect, but only one of my laptops will operate at full speed (3Mbps cable). It throttles the downstream speed down to 600kbps or less for the other devices. I've looked through all the settings I can think of, and I"m stumped. Help!!!

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help - can you let me know if the throttling is determined by which machine is the first to connect for example?

Steve Herrod :

so if windows 7 first connected that gets full speed, but if Ubuntu is first to connect that gets the full speed?

Steve Herrod :

Also - what firmware version is the WNR2000 v3 currently running?

Steve Herrod :

Let me know and I'll be able to advise further

Steve Herrod :

Steve Herrod :

No, its always the one particular computer. I may have figured it out, I'm still testing.

I don't know if you're aware of things in the ubuntu world, but there was a recent update to the broadcom 43xx wireless card family that is causing massive problems. I updated, and thats when the problems started. Last night I changed the drivers through the "additional drivers" and selecting "do not use this device", and it seems to have made a difference. Still testing.

Steve Herrod : Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX aware of some of the instabilities in some ubuntu driver updates, especially regarding wireless drivers
Steve Herrod : if it works properly having amended this that makes sense but let me know if not
Steve Herrod : cheers
Steve Herrod : Steve