Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, System Administrator
Experience:  Fully conversant with Networking (LAN/WAN) and associated systems (Active Directory/Firewalls etc)
65126503

I have a Canon MG8120. I have successfully connected it to

I have a Canon MG8120. I have successfully connected it to my wireless network, but my Mac still says that it is offline. It prints when I plug in the printer cable to the laptop, but the laptop can't seem to find it when its not plugged in. How do I get the computer to recognize the printer wirelessly?

I'll be happy to help with this issue - can you let me know what version of OSX is installed on the Mac?

If you go to the Apple menu-->About this Mac it should be listed there.

Once the printer is added to the Wireless network, if you go to Add Printers and choose 'Nearby Printers' it should be displayed there?

Let me know

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is 10.7.5

I don't find "nearby printers" as an option. Can you be more specific? I'm new to Macs.

Hi Anne,

Thanks - on OSX 10.7 there should be a 'Nearby Printers' section when adding a printer.

If you go here:

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences… Then choose View > Print & Scan

Then, click and hold the + icon and there should be a Nearby printers section showing any wireless connected printers.

Is there anything there at all?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got it working from that. Thank you so much! I knew it was something simple but without knowing where to look for that simple answer I wasn't getting anywhere.

Have a great day!

Hi Anne,

No problem - am glad it's working! If you can rate this answer so that we know how we're doing that would be great.

Let me know if you need anything at all.

cheers

Steve