R.A. McConnell
R.A. McConnell, Network Admin
Experience:  A-Plus, MCP, 18+ years experience, LINUX admin
45119205

how do I link my CenturyLink C1000A wireless router with my

how do I link my CenturyLink C1000A wireless router with my Netgear WNCE3001 internet adapters to hook up my Direct TV to my home network?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be happy to help you with this.

If you've tried the WPS Setup option (pressing the buttons on the adapter and router) and it hasn't worked, you'll need to set the router up manually, which will require a computer with a standard ethernet network port. The short version of this is that you connect the ethernet port on the WNCE3001 to an available ethernet port on the computer, connect the USB cable between the two of them (to power the WNCE3001 only), then go to this URL using the web browser on the computer you connected it to, to set up the WNCE3001:

http://www.mywifiext.net

There should be a wizard that runs and asks for the wireless network name and security information for your wireless network. Follow the prompts on screen and enter the information for the wireless network on your CenturyLink C1000A. When this process is complete, disconnect both cables from the WNCE3001, connect it to your DirectTV unit (ethernet and USB for power, possibly using the supplied USB power adapter) and you should be good to go within about a minute or so.

If you would like clarification on any of these points, more depth in my answer, or if you have additional questions with regard to this matter, please don't hesitate to ask for more information by responding to me here and I'll be happy to continue to lend a hand.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

http://mywifiext.net gets a 404 error

Did you use the entire URL (with the leading www)?
http://www.mywifiext.net

If so, you'll probably need to reset the WNCE3001 before this will work. You can do so like this:

Use a thin rod, like an unbent paperclip, to press and hold the RESET button on the back of the WNCE3001 for about five (5) seconds, until the LED starts to blink. The WNCE3001 will need to be connected to power using USB when you do this. Release the RESET button when the LED starts to blink, then give it about two (2) minutes before you connect it to your computer again, then wait another two (2) minutes. You should be able to get to that URL at that time. If you can't, please let me know the operating system that you're using on your computer and I can give you more specific instructions for finding out why this is happening. In that even, this may take several steps, but with a little patience we can get an answer.