Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.

RA - 112

Customer Question

I just purchased a takashi router/repeater. I plugged it in and went to my network listing. It's there, along with my main wireless unit, but it will not accept the default password,which I'm not what the correct password XXXXX because it says I don't need to enter one to connect for the first time. I did a reset on the unit but it still will not accept its "out of the box" default password. any ideas?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
I would like to provide information and assistance with regard to the problem mentioned in your question.

Try these things:

Try entering the password:

and the password

and if those fail (with the

username, of course) to allow login, then your Takashi router needs to be factory-settings-reset, as follows:

Hold down the reset button you mentioned, with some sharpish object, for a full minute (60 seconds), and be sure you held it down continuously all that time. That should reset it to factory settings, which should include one of the default passwords (probably either [blank], or
and allow you to set it up, etc.

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply To Expert " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help. I tried everything you said, but had no success. The instructions say "Click on wireless network icon located on the hand side bottom of the screen", Select Takashi from the list of available networks, Select Connect automatically, Click Connect. Then it says I now should be connected. Instead, a box pops up saying to type the network security key. I tried leaving it blank and tried many other keys including the ones you listed, but it won't connect. The reset yielded the same results. If it were to connect, I would be able to open a browser, type in in the address bar, get a login box and type in "admin" in the password XXXXX to access the settings in router.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 3 years ago.

What's the brand/model of your main wireless unit?

Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can check/fix this issue directly for you?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The one I'm trying to connect to is a Takashi Instant Wi-Fi Router/Repeater model A5. I'm going to return it and get my money back.

How about any other wireless/router device other than the Takashi Instant Wi-Fi Router/Repeater?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have windows xp, vista, or 7?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I have a netbook that I'm trying to connect to the Takashi using windows 7. I have a Dlink router that I'm using for my network now.

Does the netbook have windows xp, vista, or 7? Is it connected to the dlink router via wireless connection? Are you able to log in the dlink router? What's the exact model of the dlink router? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it's windows 7 . The netbook is connected wireless to the Dlink. The model is DI-524.

From that netbook, Click on the network/wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen, then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
Then click on Manage wireless networks on the left.
Then select your wireless network name.
Then right-click on your wireless network name and click on Properties.
Then click on the Security tab.
Then select the box at Show characters.
Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your wireless password/key (it is case-sensitive)..
, and/or see the video instructions at

If that does not work, please go to the website, and select/enter admin for the username and leave the password XXXXX and log in. Then look for the Set up / Wireless settings option, then select the manual... option if available, then scroll down if needed, and you will see your wireless password XXXXX security key (it is case-sensitive).

Please reply and let me know if you are able to get the password/key with any of my suggestions. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already know the security key for the Dlink, but it won't work with the Takashi, which is the one I'm trying to connect to.

Sorry, can you log in the dlink router and change the security to WPA.. (not WEP)? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The answers I'm getting are not for the question I asked.
Sorry, are you asked for the password XXXXX you connect the takashi to the your dlink wireless network name? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, the security key for the Takashi so I can connect the netbook to it so I can access the settings and configure the Takashi.

Are you trying to connect the netbook to the takashi wireless network name? Did you press & hold the reset button on the takashi device for about 10 seconds? Did the lights on the takashi device blink when resetting it? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1.Yes. 2. Yes 3. Yes.

Sorry, the device could be a bad one, but I'm opening the issue to other Professionals. Thank you
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away with your Networking issue, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please cancel the question. Thank you.