Ashik, PC Technician
Experience:  Personal and Professional Experience in Networking
16433418

Why are none of the apps able to connect to the internet, despite

Why are none of the apps able to connect to the internet, despite the fact that the iPad seems to be connected to Wireless?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

What is the error you are getting from Safari ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cannot Open Page

Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the Internet.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Does this happens with all wireless networks ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't check as only have the home wireless to connect to - but can say it was working find yesterday and not today

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way to check with other WiFi ? That will tell us whether the problem is with your router or with the iPad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not really. But the router is fine as I am speaking to you on a laptop that is connected to the internet through the same wireless connection. So has to be the iPad

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
This happens with the router too (IP address problem). First reset the router by pressing the reset button on the back of the router for 5 seconds. Then turn off the router for 2 minutes and unplug it. Then turn it back on. Then In your iPad, goto Settings and tap General. Tap Reset. Tap Reset All Network Settings. Then try to connect again.

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Rememeber, resetting the router will temporarily disconnect your internet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have a Reset button on Router. I do have something that says restore factory settings. Is this what you mean?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If you can see a reset hole, push it with paper clip or pin for 5 seconds. If that didn't work, then press the restore factory settings button.

Remember, we will be disconnected when you reset the router. So add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me later. Also, if you are unable to connect back to internet after resetting, then you will have to contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to get connected again.

Before resetting router, reset your iPad's network settings and see if it works or not.

Ashik, PC Technician
Experience: Personal and Professional Experience in Networking