Daniel, Specialist
Experience:  10 Years hands on computer training
64443469

my modem will only show the 3 lights on the right hand side.

my modem will only show the 3 lights on the right hand side. there are no lights on wired or wireless. Diagnostics say there is a broken wire - but not where.....and also that my usual network connections are out of reach. Have checked with internet provider and they report no problems. Before I buy a new modem, is there anything I should be doing?
Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

The usual signs of a modem is bad are power light turns red, all lights went off or constantly rebooting or the modem gets too hot/warm. However it could still be bad but those are just the most common signs. Now it could be a cable or a splitter (if you have one). What I would do would check the coaxial cable maybe replace it. If you have a splitter then replace that. But after you check to see that it is not a wire issue, then I would see if there is a firmware update for the modem. If there is not and the cables are fine. Then I would go ahead and replace the modem.

I would just hate for you to make a trip and spend the money to buy a new modem and have the same problem.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please let me know if you have more questions for me by Replying , I want to thank you for being my customer please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating for my time and information it is the only way I am compensated by justanswer.com and as always a bonus is optional.

Thank You, Dan