Daniel, Specialist
Experience:  10 Years hands on computer training
64443469

My hp Officejet 6500a plus printer works 100% when connected

My hp Officejet 6500a plus printer works 100% when connected by a wire from my computer When I try to go wireless only two or three lines print and it takes about 5mins a page.All the reports from the printer confirm it is connected correctly for wireles.The problem has only happen since TalkTalk changed by router last week.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Step one: Check to see if HP Solution Center is installedHP Solution Center is part of a full feature installation of the product software. It does not install with a basic driver installation or with the drivers that are packaged with the operating system (in-OS drivers). Also, you might have excluded the program if you performed a custom installation. On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs, and then click the HP folder.
  • If you see the HP Solution Center icon ( ), you already have the full feature driver installed. You do not need to continue with the steps in this solution. Continue to the next solution in this document.
  • If you do not see the HP Solution Center icon ( ), the full feature software is not installed. Continue to the next step to remove the current driver, and then reinstall the full feature driver.
Step two: Download and install the full feature driver from the HP Web site
  1. Make sure that the HP product is connected to the network.
  2. Turn the product on.
  3. Open a new window to browse to the Select Software and Drivers page:
    1. Right-click this link, Select Software and Drivers , and then click Open in New Window .
    2. If prompted, type your product number. You might also need to click it in a list of similar products.
    3. Click your operating system.The Select Software and Drivers page opens.
  4. In the Select Software and Drivers window, click Microsoft Windows 7 .
  5. Click the Full Feature Software and Drivers option.
  6. Click Download only . This option allows you to install the software at any time after the download completes.
  7. Click Save , and then browse to the place on your computer where you want to save the file.
  8. Click Save . The software downloads to your computer.Tip: Make a note of the place that you saved the file, if you want to install it at a later time.
  9. When the download is complete and you are ready to install the files, click Open Folder , and then click the downloaded file. The file name ends in .exe .
    NOTE:If you closed the Download Complete screen, browse to the folder where you saved the .exe file, and then click it.
  10. You can accept the default place to save the files. Click Next , and then wait while the installer extracts the files to prepare for installation.
  11. When the Install Wizard starts, follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.HP recommends that you select the Recommended type of installation when the HP Installer prompts you to choose between Recommended and Custom. This makes sure that HP Solution Center installs. It also installs any available OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software that you need for scanning to an editable text format such as a PDF file or a Word document.
Solution two: Download the HP Solution Center patch, and then reinstall the HP Software you do not need to follow the steps in this solution unless you determined earlier in this document that the full feature driver is already installed on the computer. Step one: Remove the HP softwareFollow these steps to remove the current driver for your HP product.
  1. Click the Windows icon ( ), and then in the Search programs and files box type uninstall , and then click Uninstall a program .
  2. In the list of installed programs, right-click the HP product, and then click Uninstall . If you receive a prompt, click Yes to Uninstall all HP products associated with this device .
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.
    NOTE:If asked to remove shared files, click No . If you delete the shared files, programs that use the shared files might not work correctly.
  4. Restart the computer.
Step two: Download and install a software update Follow these steps to install a HP Solution Center software update. This update fixes some product communication issues that exist after upgrading Windows Vista to Windows 7.
  1. Click here to download the software patch. A File Download window opens.
  2. Choose one of the following options to download the patch to the computer.
    • If you want to install the patch on the computer immediately, click Run .
    • If you want to install the patch at a later time, click Save , select a destination on the computer for the file to save, and then click Save . When the download is complete, click the downloaded file.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
  4. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click Restart to complete the installation.
Step three: Download and install the HP softwareFollow these steps to download and install the latest version of the software for your product. Download the softwareMany products have more than one driver option on the downloads page. Choices might include a Basic type, and Full Feature type. If both options are available, the following information might help you decide which driver to download.
Follow these steps to download the software and driver for your product.
  1. Turn the product on.
  2. Open a new window to browse to the Select Software and Drivers page:
  3. Click the driver that you want to download. If you need help deciding, see the information in the previous table.
  4. Click Download only . This option allows you to install the software at any time after the download completes.
  5. Click Save , and then browse to the place on your computer where you want to save the file.
  6. Click Save . The software downloads to your computer.Tip: Make a note of the place that you saved the file, if you want to install it at a later time.
Install the softwareFollow these steps to install the downloaded software and driver.
  1. When the download is complete and you are ready to install the files, click Open Folder , and then click the downloaded file. The file name ends in .exe .
  2. You can accept the default location to save the files. Click Next , and then wait while the installer extracts the files to prepare for installation.
  3. When the Install Wizard starts, follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.For a Full Feature installation, you choose what type of installation you want. The following information might help you decide which installation type to use.
After doing all of those steps please let me know if you are stilling having the same issue. If not then,

Please let me know if you have more questions for me by Replying , I want to thank you for being my customer please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating for my time and information it is the only way I am compensated by justanswer.com and as always a bonus is optional.

Thank You, Dan
Daniel, Specialist
Experience: 10 Years hands on computer training