Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, System Administrator
Experience:  Fully conversant with Networking (LAN/WAN) and associated systems (Active Directory/Firewalls etc)

"For Steve Herrod only"Im here for Networking help.

"For Steve Herrod only"
I'm here for Networking help.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional, Steve a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

For Steve Herrod only"

What about we meet tomorrow at 1pm PST and 9pm your time instead? I would have more time then and if you are available them.

Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

Not sure what happened there....

Will be free at 1PM PST tomorrow.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a long test similar to the one to answered a while ago. It is 3.5 hour test. It took a while for them to get a hold of you. That why I no longer have the time to do it today. That's why I am now doing it tomorrow at 1PM PST tomorrow and I was just checking if you would be available then.

Yes, 1PM PST is fine for me tomorrow

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks! Don't work too hard!

Thanks :)

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

For Steve Herrod only"

I'm ready to start

Ok - am ready!

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, let get started! I am going to send it to you now. I will start with the short answers and essay questions first.

Ok - no problem!

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. (TCO 1) When a driver is verified, a unique digital signature is incorporated into it in a process called _____. (Points : 15)

2. (TCO 3) To _____ an object means to make it available for users to access when they view Active Directory contents. (Points : 15)

3. (TCO 9) A(n) _____ is like a tunnel through a larger network—such as the Internet, an enterprise network, or both—that is restricted to designated member clients only. (Points : 15)

4. (TCO 6) Event Viewer houses the _____ that record information about all types of server events, in the form of errors, warnings, and informational events. (Points : 15)

5. (TCO 1) Generally describe containers in Active Directory. (Points : 30)

6. (TCO 9) Assess the usefulness of some of the constraints on a remote access policy. (Points : 30)

7. (TCO 6) Evaluate the elements that a network diagram should include. (Points : 30)

Let me that you got it.

Got them and started on those

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks! I will now send the multiple choice once.

Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. (TCO 1) _____ networking focuses on spreading network resource administration among server and nonserver members of a network. (Points : 5)

Server-based
Peer-to-peer
Workstation-oriented
Client-based

2. (TCO 1) In addition to the Server Manager GUI tool, you can also use the _____ command-line tool for managing server roles. (Points : 5)

ServerManagerCmd.exe
ServerMngCmd.exe
SvrMngCmd.exe
ManagerCmd.exe

3. (TCO 1) A registry _____ is a category or division of information within the registry. (Points : 5)

key
subkey
entry
value

4. (TCO 2) The NTFS _____ attribute protects folders and files so that only the user who encrypts the folder or file is able to read it. (Points : 5)

compress
archive
encrypt
index

5. (TCO 2) File and folder ownership can be transferred only by having the _____ ownership special permission or Full control permission. (Points : 5)

Control
Take
Own
Manage

6. (TCO 3) When clients access the namespace domain controller, they receive a list of targets in a specified order. This is called a _____. (Points : 5)

folder target
manifest
referral
namespace

7. (TCO 4) The _____ tab of a printer's Properties dialog box is used to enable or disable a printer for sharing as well as to specify the name of the share. (Points : 5)

General
Advanced
Ports
Sharing

8. (TCO 4) The _____ print monitor is used for TCP/IP-based printers that are connected to the network through print server cards or print servers. (Points : 5)

Standard Port
Local TCP/IP Port
Local Port
Standard TCP/IP Port

9. (TCO 8) Disk _____ is the ability to spread data over multiple disks or volumes. (Points : 5)

formatting
striping
partitioning
mirroring

10. (TCO 8) RAID _____ uses disk striping and stores error-correcting information, but the information is only written to one disk in the array. (Points : 5)

level 3
level 4
level 5
level 6

11. (TCO 8) _____ RAID implements fault tolerance through the server's operating system. (Points : 5)

Hardware
Virtual
Software
Physical

12. (TCO 9) _____ was developed by IBM and the National Security Agency in cooperation with the National Bureau of Standards (now called the National Institute of Standards and Technology) as an encryption technique using a secret key between the communicating stations. (Points : 5)

AES
DES
RC4
Twofish

13. (TCO 9) _____ is a comprehensive set of security features that monitors and manages a server and its clients. (Points : 5)

NAP
UAC
DMZ
IPsec

14. (TCO 9) _____ enable an account or group to perform predefined tasks. (Points : 5)

Account audits
Account locks
Account logs
User rights

15. (TCO 5) The _____ logs relate to how programs are operating and are typically used by application or system programmers. (Points : 5)

admin
operational
analytic
debug

16. (TCO 6) You can poll the presence of another TCP/IP computer from the Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista Command Prompt window by typing _____ and the IP address or computer name of the other computer. (Points : 5)

netstat
ping
ipconfig
expand
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks! do you have time for one more test similar to the one you just did?

Yep - send through the details

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Essay Questions (20 points each)

1. (TCO3) Name and explain the three most important factors that you must protect when Securing a VoIP Network. (Points : 20)

2. (TCO4) The PSTN is a publicly regulated network that facilitates the Telecommunications network. Discuss and explain the parts or components of the PSTN. (Points : 20)

3. (TCO7) Out of CLECs, ILECs, and TSPs, which of these companies would use VoIP to offer voice services? Explain why. (Points : 20)

4. (TCO10) In terms of architecture, VoIP design, and deployment, how does a SIP Telephony differ from a H.323 based system? (Points : 20)

5. (TCO5) What is SNMP? Explain the importance of SNMP in regards XXXXX XXXXX management and monitoring. (Points : 20)

Essay Questions (30 points each)

1. (TCO6) Define SMDR and what forensic application does SMDR play in the real world? (Points : 30)

2. (TCO8) Describe how can wireless media compete with coaxial cable, UTP, and fiber media (i.e. FTTP) in providing broadband access to subscriber’s houses. Support your opinion. (Points : 30)

3. (TCO9) What is a very common business application of VoIP at the present? What is the strategic advantage of using VoIP for this application? (Points : 30)

4. (TCO11) Explain the difference between VoIP and IP telephony. (Points : 30)

5. (TCO12) When deploying a VoIP system, what are some of the critical components that should be looked at in terms of assessing the environment for the readiness of a VoIP deployment? (Points : 30)

I just wanted to know if you are still there.

Yep, - be sending through in 5...

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks!

Steve Herrod, System Administrator
Experience: Fully conversant with Networking (LAN/WAN) and associated systems (Active Directory/Firewalls etc)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. (TCO1) The Central Office is the place: (Points : 5)

Where the operator makes connections.
Where all ISDN capabilities begin.
Where calls from subscribers are routed.
To connect the ADSL lines.

2. (TCO2) These companies own the network infrastructure used to deliver traditional phone service in a local area such as a city or country. They sell voice services on landline connections like T1s and POTS. (Points : 5)

TSPs
Cable Companies
IXC
ILECs

3. (TCO3) It is the common American PSTN's public safety protocol for emergency situation. It is required for wireless voice carriers to provide emergency service as well as accurate location information. However, this service is not handled by VoIP protocols. (Points : 5)

Operational feasibility service
E911
Dispatch service
Asterisk Emergency Portal (AEP)

4. (TCO4) These are facility connections from the phone company switch to the residential analog telephones; or the term used for delivering dial-tone to a group of phones. (Points : 5)

Tip-ring
Lines
Trunks
Call links

5. (TCO5) Which of the following enforces system policy, records instances of abuse for forensic and litigation purposes, encrypts, protects sensitive information, and bolsters a VoIP network against exploitive attacks and viruses? (Points : 5)

Improved Customer Service
Network Security
Faster access to information
Reduced delivery times

6. (TCO6) VoIP packets are almost always UDP and its IP header may include a flag that allows router and switches to treat it with a certain priority based on sensitivity to delay. What is this flag called? (Points : 5)

TCP Push Flag
DLCI
Type of Service Flag
MPLS Priority Routing Flag

7. (TCO7) Along with CTI and ACD, this is a PBX supported application where multiple phones, telephony processes, phone operators, IVR, complex dial-plan, and hunt groups, run in a confined space and take information from customers, then, facilitate a response over the phone. (Points : 5)

Call Center
Auto Attendant
Intercom calling
Conferencing

8. (TCO10) Among the codecs used for VoIP networks, this codec provides a toll-grade telephone audio signal, has a 64kbps PCM algorithm, low processing intensity, and has 1280 Voice bits per packet. (Points : 5)

G.722
G.711
GSM
G.729

9. (TCO11) This layer organizes and synchronizes dialogues between presentation entities in the OSI 7-Layer Communications Model, (Points : 5)

Data Link Layer
Transport Layer
Session Layer
Address of Destination

10. (TCO12) A QoS mechanism, it is similar to ATM and performs both switching and bandwidth reservation before sending ‘tagged’ packets. With this technology, the fixed-bandwidth media channels are maintained for VoIP at very high speeds. What is this protocol called? (Points : 5)

Frame relay
OSPF
MPLS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How much time do you have before you have to leave?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got some testing to start shortly so probably another 30 mins.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, thanks a lot. I am going to send you an attachment on wikisend. I will probably send you the attachment tomorrow because I can't find it at this time. Also, will you be available tomorrow around 1pm PST. It is the same kind of test. This is the last one.

No problem - can do the attachment and will also be available at 1PM PST tomorrow.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, do you want me to do the rating on each one individually or is there one for all of them combined?

Just rate one, otherwise it will take multiple payments :)

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks! See you tomorrow. I will go ahead and finish the process.

Thanks! see you tomorrow

Cheers

Steve