Daniel, Specialist
Experience:  10 Years hands on computer training
64443469

Hello. I have a Lenovo E520 ThinkPad

Hello. I have a Lenovo E520 ThinkPad Edge but can't find how to turn on and pair the Bluetooth feature (perhaps my model doesn't have this feature?). I'm trying to transfer files from my Blackberry. Any advice on determining if I have Bluetooth on the Lenovo and how to activate it? XXX XXXXXXXX

Category: Networking
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

If your computer is equipped with the Integrated Bluetooth features, you can enable or disable the features by pressing Fn+F5. If you press Fn+F5, a list of wireless features appears in the Wireless Radio Window. You can enable or disable the Bluetooth features with a single click.

To use the Bluetooth features, double-click the My Bluetooth Places icon on the desktop and follow the instructions on the screen.

Please let me know if you have more questions for me by Replying , I want to thank you for being my customer please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating for my time and information it is the only way I am compensated by justanswer.com and as always a bonus is optional.

Thank You, Dan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Interestingly, I click Fn + F5 and nothing happens. I suppose this means that I don't have the Bluetooth...yet I do have Wireless capability. The F9 key has a wireless icon on it. I press that without using the Fn key, and ...nothing happens. The wireless comes on automatically, or I can access it via an Access Connections feature. Anyway, maybe my first comment (Fn + F5 = nothing) simply means there is no Bluetooth on it, right?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Alright Click Start>Right Click on Computer>Properties> On the hand side Click on Device Manager>Click the + sign next to Network Adapter

In here tell me if a bluetooth device
If you do not then you do not have bluetooth.

However if there is a bluetooth device listed let me know. Also let me know if there is any red or yellow marks next to the bluetooth device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see. I don't see a Bluetooth adapter. There are 5 others, but none that mention Bluetooth.

Is the "adapter" a piece of software that can be downloaded, or perhaps something like an Add In that simply needs to be turned on, or is it hardware that needs to be installed?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
To be able to have Blue tooth you will have to buy a Bluetooth Adapter and connect it to your computer. You can buy bluetooth usb devices. Then when you get the bluetooth adapter then you will install the software that came with it.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thank You, Dan
Daniel, Specialist
Experience: 10 Years hands on computer training
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Daniel. Thanks for the help. I'm giving a rating of Good Service because we arrived at the answer, but also because the second answer you gave would have been more to the point. Also, this computer doesn't have a Start function...instead there's something called Lenovo Thinkvantage Tools which gives a menu including Computer and Devices. The info about buying the adapter and usb device is useful. Bob