mrtwa01
mrtwa01, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have an Associates degree in Information Technology. I am A+ Certified in Hardware and Software
10400060

I am trying to connect my samsung 6100 series smart tv to my

I am trying to connect my samsung 6100 series smart tv to my wireless network. i've gone through all the steps of adding a wireless network, where it recognizes my network, put in the password XXXXX but when i go to the smart hub to connect to the internet i get an error message. do i need a special cable, adapter or something to get this to work?
Category: Networking
Expert:  mrtwa01 replied 2 years ago.

mrtwa01 :

What is the error message your are receiving?

mrtwa01 :

If your TV is recognizing your wireless network, then you do NOT need any additional adapters, cables, etc. The issue is with the network or credentials. Please provide the error message and I will be able to assist further.

Customer:

it says unable to connect to server, please try again later

Customer:

error_exe_001

Customer:

i will be signing off for tonight and will check back tomorrow for a reply. thanks

mrtwa01, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: I have an Associates degree in Information Technology. I am A+ Certified in Hardware and Software
Expert:  itmichael replied 2 years ago.
1 - Turn off the tv with remote 2 - Press and release in the following order on the remote: Info, Menu, Mute, Power on --within 5 seconds. Make sure remote is pointing at the tv 3 - You will see the service menu appear. Using the down arrow on the remote select the Reset option. Press the right arrow button. At this point the TV will do a hard reset. 4 - Wait a few seconds, turn TV on 5 - You will have to rescan analogue and digital channel but it should store channels again. That should completely clear out your settings. My concern is this. If you downloaded a Samsung update in Smart Hub...and then it started behaving the way you stated...your download may have crashed and now it can't repair itself. Wireless downloads scare the heck out of me...yet I do it on my own equipment. Of course I set my router channel and made sure I have good signal strength...but it doesn't mean I check it to see if the channel is getting crowded or not. It's a "set it and forget it" situation on those, and that's just plain dangerous in densely populated areas.
Also you might want to take a look at this site...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, i will try this when i get home from work. the reason i was able to access the smart hub a few days ago was because i plugged in what i believe to be a phone line that i saw behind my tv set into the lan connection in the back of the tv. that allowed me to access the internet, apps, etc. but then i could not use my phone. i just saw the phone line there, not plugged in to anything and just attached it to the tv. when i found out the telephone was not functioning when this was plugged in i removed it and being as this tv has wireless ready technology, i don't think in shoudl need to plug anything in. hope this gives you more info into my issue. thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
also, when you are talking about the remote, i want to let you know that i have dish network and they programmed a dish remote to work with my tv, but with your instructions above, i will be using the remote that came with my tv, correct? thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,Thank you for that trouble shooting link, but that is for the 8000 series, not the 6100 series and talks about a samsung link stick, which i don't think i need for my model tv. as the first tech above said i should not need any additional adapters or cables.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i reset the tv as requested. now when trying to access the intenet and apps i get an error message that says network is not connected, check network settings to use internet services error_model_bind.

right before this i connect to my wireless and get a message that it's good to go. any other ideas? than

Expert:  itmichael replied 2 years ago.
It seems at this point, we want to go through the automatic network setup. Via wireless or wired. Put in password, and attmept to connect. I think the first time the samsumg server may have been busy. So see if you are able to connect to apps, and updates, after you input in the wireless netowrk, and password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
per my previous note, after i reset my tv i had to connect to the wireless network again which i did and got the error message: error_model_bind
Expert:  mrtwa01 replied 2 years ago.
I am 99% certain that your issue has nothing to do with the TV, but rather with the SmartHub. Please do the following and report back: Thank you!

Return Smart Hub back to original state. By returning Smart Hub to default state you will remove all downloaded app and reload the original apps that came on the TV. After the reset, Smart Hub will need to reconnect with Samsung's server this will also force all updates to be done to Smart Hub. To perform a reset follow these steps:

1. Press the Smart Hub button on the remote to open the Smart Hub.
2. Press the Tools button on the remote to open the Settings menu.
3. Press the up or down arrows to select Reset.
4. You may be prompted for a password, but if you never set this, the default code is 0000.
5. The reset of the Smart Hub will then complete.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i've done this already twice but just tried a third time. i am getting error message error_exe_001 after this third reset from internet icon and error_code_011 from the apps icon. any other ideas. thanks
Expert:  mrtwa01 replied 2 years ago.
Open Smart Hub and click Tools > Settings > About Smart Hub > Detail and tell me the firmware version and date if available. Thanks. XXXXX understand correctly, after this past reset, you are receiveing a different error than before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but it listed smarthub version, not firmware - 4.4521-5.0.

yes, i get different error messages after i do different things. now i am getting a error_update_003 for the internet and error_code_011 for the apps. i try going in periodically to see if there's a glitch and it might work at any time. thank you. do you think i need to contact samsung and this might be an issue that is originating from their location?

Expert:  mrtwa01 replied 2 years ago.
I would definitely consider calling them, especially given that I found one article stating an outage with them, even though the dates were a few weeks ago. They could still be experiencing some sort of interference. The thing that has me perplexed is the different error codes after each attempt. That to me signifies something outside of your end of things since you arent changing anything other than the reset. Also, if there is any option to "Check for Updates" in the Hub, I suggest you do that before you call because that will be the very first thing they do...make sure your software is the most current version. Please keep me posted. Thanks again.