Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Technician with years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have lost my Belkin Router password XXXXX guest password

I have lost my Belkin Router password XXXXX guest password (password XXXXX not be the right word but it is the number that I need to use to add devices to my wifi). Hope this makes sense. Can you help me? Thank you XXXXX
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. What model Belkin is this and are you on a computer connected to it now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a PLAYN600 and I am on the laptop that uses the wifi. I also have a regular computer with the tower etc. which I guess is my main computer that Belkin is "attached" to.
Ok please try each of these links and let me know which one asks you for a user name and password:

Site 1
Site 2
Site 3

/
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
site 2 , neither site 1 or 3 came up with anything
Ok good please go to site 2 and then click on log in and then submit to not type anything in. Does it log you in when you do this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I guess I am logged in, there is a blue STATUS word in the upper left hand corner. I do not see my name
Ok on the left do you see a menu with options you can click on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Ok good on the left side under wireless click on security.

Image

This will bring you to another page. This page will have your networks pass phrase on it. If you need any clarification on this or have any questions about it please let me know, if not please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that is how this site credits me for my time. Also please note you are rating my service only and not this site or your Belkin router.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No pass phrase
What do you see after clicking on security?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Security Mode WPA/WPA2-Personal (PSK)

Authentication same as above

]Encription Technique AES

Pre-shared key .......

Ok thank you when using that security mode you do not have a pass phrase. Your pre-shared key however is the password XXXXX connect to the network. Please try that to connect. If you need any clarification on this or have any questions about it please let me know, if not please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that is how this site credits me for my time. Also please note you are rating my service only and not this site or your Belkin router.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When I had my other pass phrase, there was a "main" phrase for the "main" computer and then there was a "guest" phrase for others in the household. Has this changed, what does pre-shared refer to.

That normally only happens if you are using a Cisco router as they have a guest network with a guest password XXXXX doesn't normally have this option. Unchecking the "Obscure PSK" box will allow you to see the security key that has been typed in that box. Take note of the Pre-Shared Key (PSK). Any wireless computers that connect to this network will require this Pre-Shared Key. When using WPA/WPA2 Pre-shared key is just another name for the network password. If you need any clarification on this or have any questions about it please let me know, if not please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that is how this site credits me for my time. Also please note you are rating my service only and not this site or your Belkin router.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am trying to get my iphone on wifi. I was on my first I phone which i had to send back but my new one will not let me on. Under IP address are 3 choices...DHCP, BootP and Static. Under these are choices of IP address Subnet mask ,Router, DNS,Search Domains, Client ID and at the bottom is Http proxy with OFF, MANUAL, AND AUTO. Mine is on off, should I change that? I clicked on Static and entered my number by router but it says i am still not connected.
Please use Dynamic, unless someone is setting up each machine individually with it's own set IP address on the network it should not be Static. Go to the home screen and then go into settings. Tap on WiFi and then choose your network from the list by tapping on it. It should then ask you for your password XXXXX the Pre_Shared key there. If you need any clarification on this or have any questions about it please let me know, if not please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that is how this site credits me for my time. Also please note you are rating my service only and not this site or your Belkin router.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Technician with years of IT and customer support experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The IP addresses are 192.168.2.5 for my iphone and each of other other 3 devices have a different last 2 numbers ie: 2.3, 2.2, and 2.7. Is this Dynamic or Static? I still cannot connect to iphone as it tells me "unable to join the network "bossoftheworld" and the only option is to "dismiss"
If those numbers never change it is static, however if they do it is Dynamic. Unfortunately I can only help you with the original problem you posted which was the password XXXXX to this sites rules. In order to work on the error message you would need to open a new question as it is unrelated to the password XXXXX
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is all related to the password XXXXX the Belkin Router. Do I have to pay $25 for each miniscule question? Or should I have known that I have to word my question in such a way that I can solve my Router issues which all relate back to the password XXXXX how to use it. Hmmm interesting way of doing business. I realize this does NOT relate to how your performed your job as you did perform it within the Company's rules and regs and I will answer the require rating accordingly.
I have no control over billing or anything like that, your original question was how to find your networks password XXXXX is used to connect new items to the network which is the Pre-Shared key we found. I will opt out and open this to all experts in case someone else wants to continue with the other problem in this question but since it is unrelated I will not. Your iPhone problem is not related to the password XXXXX you used the correct password XXXXX it which makes it a problem somewhere else.
Hello, I am John C., Computer Science Engineer, Networking Expert in JustAnswer. I will be very happy & will do my best to help you.

Do you have a computer with Windows 7 or Mac OS (which one?) that can currently connect to your internet via wireless? This would help to confirm your wireless network password.

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,I thought I had replied with a positive for both Engineer John and Freddy M. I asked for my password and I got it. However it still did not work. So I called in and the person I talked to determined I needed a new password and I guess a reset of some sort but the bottom line is that my wireless is now working.

I supposed my question to you all should have been, my wireless router does not work, how do I fix this problem. I diagnosed the problem as a password problem and that is why I asked the question I did. Next time I will be able to ask my question more to the point and I will not diagnose myself.

I hope this reply is what is needed to close this case and I won't need to get any more emails to send in more information.

Thank You