Drew
Drew, Network Specialist
Experience:  Using 30+ years of experience to help you get it working.
68433724

I have a Netgear b90-755025-15 and I an trying to determine

I have a Netgear b90-755025-15 and I an trying to determine the steps to forward tcp port 3389 to the icp address of the home computer I want to connect for Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection. I can get into the router configuration, and to advanced and to Port forwarding, but I don't understand what to put into the available input boxes. Pls advise
Category: Networking
Expert:  Magic C. replied 2 years ago.

Magic C. :

Hi, I'm Magic, and thanks for asking your question on JustAnswer. I will be glad to help you.

Magic C. :

Into the boxes, you will put the following:

Magic C. :

1) click the add link.

Magic C. :

2) Name the rule (use something like 'Desktop RDP')

Magic C. :

3) Choose 'Port Forwarding'

Magic C. :

4) protocol to select is both

Magic C. :

5) GlobalPortStart will be 3389. GlobalPortEnd will be 3389 as well.

Magic C. :

6) the Base host port would be 3389, which is the default RDP port.

Magic C. :

After you click Save or Apply, make sure to set the rule to become active. Now you're all set!

Customer:

What about my IP address. Directions state to forward the TCP port 3389 to the IP address of the computer I want to access from outside the network. I have the ip address, but where do I use it in this instance? Do I insert the ip address in a box or how do I complete the process? See my original question where I refer to the "icp" address. I meant to say the "ip" address

Magic C., Network Engineer
Experience: over 3 years networking experience, IT/Networking degree
Expert:  Drew replied 2 years ago.
After you have configured your service as described previously, then you need to go back to the "Service Configuration Screen".

Use the Service Name drop down box to find and select the first configuration you just created for your network device name. (Ex. "Desktop RDP").

Then click the Enable button to enable it. Once you press enable a screen will appear where you can put in your IP address.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need additional information.

Cheers,

Drew

Drew, Network Specialist
Experience: Using 30+ years of experience to help you get it working.