Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, System Administrator
Experience:  Fully conversant with Networking (LAN/WAN) and associated systems (Active Directory/Firewalls etc)
65126503

vizio smart tv, I am trying to connect to wifi from my Iphone

vizio smart tv, I am trying to connect to wifi from my Iphone personal hotspot, tv sees the network but wont connect when I provide the password. Any ideas?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 4 years ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this issue. Can you confirm the model of the TV and also what version of iOS you are using on the iPhone (this can be found under Settings-->General-->About)?

Steve Herrod :

Let me know and I'll advise further

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

Vizio 47" Class Theater 3D LCD HDTV with Apps smart TV, Model# XXXXX

Steve Herrod :

thanks - will check the details on that and come back to you shortly

Customer:

iphone version 5.1.1 (9B206)

Steve Herrod :

thank you

Steve Herrod :

I am going to have to opt out of this question unfortunately as I will be away from my computer for several hours

Steve Herrod :

another expert should contact you as soon as they pick up the issue

Steve Herrod, System Administrator
Experience: Fully conversant with Networking (LAN/WAN) and associated systems (Active Directory/Firewalls etc)
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
PLEASE FIND SOMEONE ELSE.

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
One thought, are there any other devices connected to the iPhone hotspot at the same time as you are trying to connect the TV?

Also, I just wanted to check whether you had been able to connect any other devices to the iPhone as a wireless hotspot at all?

When you provide the password XXXXX you get an error message back or just no connection at all?

Let me know

Cheers

Steve