Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Networking expert with over 10 years experience.

I need to ping an ip address through a specific port. The reason

I need to ping an ip address through a specific port. The reason is, we moved a program that has access through the a static IP through a specific port (8001-8100) all of those ports are open on our sonic firewall for that specific IP. when we moved the IP address to another server, we can no longer access that IP through those ports.

Is there some program or way to test a specific IP and port?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

I always you use this will show you if the specific ports are open coming into your network from the outside, not sure if it will help you in this case

You cannot ping to a specific port however you can telnet to that port to see if it is open. From command prompt type telnet ipaddress port

If it is easier use this little utility:

I have used sonicwalls alot and you may want to check that and make sure your rule is still correct. You said you moved the IP to a different server, not completely sure what you mean by that but if in the sonic wall you had a rule that says 8001-8100---> for example you need to make sure it is still pointing to the correct IP.

I hope this helps.

If you need further help please do not hesitate to reply back and let me know.Thank You-Chris