derrickonline
derrickonline, Information Technology Manager
Experience:  15 years experience in the information technology field.
22792886

I cannot connect to netflix with my Samsung blue ray player.

I cannot connect to netflix with my Samsung blue ray player. I get a "cannot connect to internet try again later" message, although me connection was fine since January . I have tried every trick in my book. Netflix help was no help, and referred me to you. HELP!
Category: Networking
Expert:  derrickonline replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

There are a couple of possibilities. We'll start with these and if they don't work, we'll move to the next step.

First be sure your Samsung BluRay is set to the correct time zone. This is very important.

Secondly, make sure you have the latest firmware upgrade running on your BluRay player. Click:

Settings > Support > Software Upgrade

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No help here. No upgrade available. What next? Still get not connected to internet.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by no help here? Did you set your time zone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did set the time zone. Whaat's next?

This made sound silly but you did connect the blu ray player to the Internet correct? Or did you literally just pull it out of the box and plug it up? Did you contact via ethernet or wireless with your blu ray player?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am connected. I use a Netgear wireless router with a 2.8- and a 5 Ghz output I get three bars out of five on the Samsung player, and I was able to get netflix up until about two weeks ago. Then it just quit on me. I can still connect to the free apps.

Hope this helps.

The best suggestion I have at this point is to reset the play to factory defaults, then reconfigure it to see if that will fix the issue. Once reset you need to reconnect it to your wireless network before trying NetFlix. If this doesn't work I'll open your question to other experts. Keep me posted.

Page 1. Reset Your Blu-ray
  1. Power on your Blu-ray player and tune your TV to the input where the Blu-ray player is connected. For example, if the Blu-ray player is connected to HDMI 1 press the TV input/source/line button to tune your TV to HDMI 1.
  1. Remove any disc from the player and then press and hold the Stop button on the front of the player, not the remote, for about 8 seconds or until the front display reads ‘SETUP'. 'Resetting all settings to default values...' is displayed on your TV screen as the Blu-ray player powers off and resets.
  1. The Blu-ray player is automatically powered on after the reset and the select Language screen is displayed.

Experience: 15 years experience in the information technology field.