Justin
Justin, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration
2888018

After uninstalling AdAware pro I am unable to connect to my

Customer Question

After uninstalling AdAware pro I am unable to connect to my home network or to the internet via a hub and connected to a cable modem. Can you help me?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

There's two things I would do.

First, go to start > Run, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. Locate under network adapters the network you're trying to connect with. Go to the manufacturers services and support site and download the newest driver. Don't load it yet, do it as last resort. There's a few things you need to download and get to the computer, with a flash drive or a burned cd so we have things to work with.

Now this is likely not the issue. Its probably firewall related, usually happens with viruses, or antiviruses that take control of the firewall.

So I doubt you're clean yet. Adaware pro is a rootkit, so they are a bit tricky to remove.

Download this program:

http://tinyurl.com/justmal4

Malwarebytes.

And download this program:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208280684

Copy them over to the infected computer using a flash drive or cdrom. They are both free.

Start that computer in safe mode. To do this, tap the F8 key while the computer is starting (directly following the initial startup splash screen, before windows beings to load, if done correctly you'll see advanced startup options and safe mode as an option). Its a timing thing.

Once in safe mode, run Malwarebytes Full Scan, restart, then test the network. If its still not functioning, back to safe mode, run Tdsskiller next, followed by another malwarebytes (system scan is fine, full shouldn't be necessary twice).

Then you should be good to go.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!