Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, System Administrator
Experience:  Fully conversant with Networking (LAN/WAN) and associated systems (Active Directory/Firewalls etc)

3. A ____ identifies a DNS server that is authoritative for

3. A ____ identifies a DNS server that is authoritative for a zone. (Points : 1)
host (A)
name server
reverse host
Start of Authority

4. The term ____ refers to how networks occupy geographic space. (Points : 1)
logical layout
network scale

5. A ____ is a group of protocols that work together to provide network services. (Points : 1)
protocol suite

6. ____ allows you to set up an additional server to act as a stand in if your primary server fails. (Points : 1)
Binding time value
Dynamic DNS
Failover clustering
Server option

7. The ____ console provides a suite of utilities for monitoring and capturing performance data for local and remote systems. (Points : 1)
Reliability and Performance
Disk Management
Performance Monitor

8. ____ can be identified by name because they always end with a dollar sign ($). (Points : 1)
Administrative shares
Net shares

9. DHCP ____ contain basic settings, or DHCP options, that a client needs for proper network communication. (Points : 1)
address assignments

10. ____ uses a single key and is faster and more efficient than public key encryption, especially for very large files. (Points : 1)
Network Access Protection
Symmetric encryption
Network address translation
Demand-dial routing

11. Once deployed, ____ has a hierarchical namespace structure that allows users to locate information using a UNC path location. (Points : 1)
net share

12. ____ categorizes networks based on the physical and logical relationship among devices. (Points : 1)
Network protocol
Network topology
Network layout
Network architecture

13. DNS is supported on the Internet by thousands of ____ that maintain all the records necessary for name resolution. (Points : 1)
DHCP servers
DNS servers

14. A ____ is an object attached to a user’s account that validates the user’s identity and privileges they have to resources. (Points : 1)

15. The ____ command forces registration or refresh of a DNS client’s DNS records on the server specified as the Preferred DNS server. (Points : 1)
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /displaydns
ipconfig /all
ipconfig /flushdns

16. ____ is the first component of the RADIUS process in which the identity of a user connecting to a resource is verified. (Points : 1)

17. Listed at the top of the zone file, the ____ record is the starting point for information related to a zone. (Points : 1)
service locator
name server
reverse host
Start of Authority

18. Windows PE is a limited 32-bit operating system based on the Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista SP1 ____, which is the programmatic logic in the central components of Windows operating systems. (Points : 1)
kernel code

19. ____ involves the capture of network traffic by attackers looking for important data files and to obtain passwords in order to penetrate a network. (Points : 1)
Network traffic sniffing
Identity spoofing
Denial of service

20. ____ provides automatic IP addressing for Windows clients. (Points : 1)

21. ____ provides backup and recovery of your files, folders, volumes, and application data on Windows Server 2008. (Points : 1)
Service locator record
Windows Server Backup

22. New in Windows Server 2008, the ____ snap-in provides an overview of system stability by listing details about events that have affected reliability. (Points : 1)
Network Monitor
Reliability Monitor
Event Viewer
Performance Monitor

23. ____ is responsible for synchronizing all the data within a DFS structure. (Points : 1)
DFS namespace
DFS replication
Administrative share
Net share

24. A ____ message is a response from the DHCP server that confirms a DHCP client’s IP address. (Points : 1)

25. DHCP requires at least one DHCP ____ in order to issue IP addresses for network clients. (Points : 1)
renewal time value

26. The ____ is the length of time after a record can refresh that it is determined to be stale and scavenging can begin (Points : 1)
DNS zone
Refresh interval
client interval
DNS domain
Category: Networking
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 3 years ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, just completed these

Steve Herrod :

sending the link in a second

Steve Herrod :

Steve Herrod :

That should work

Steve Herrod :

if not, go to Wikisend and choose Download

Steve Herrod :

then enter ID# XXXXX

Steve Herrod, System Administrator
Experience: Fully conversant with Networking (LAN/WAN) and associated systems (Active Directory/Firewalls etc)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks for the answers and
i have more questions i just sent you
No problem - did you send them specifically for my attention, not a problem if not as they'll just end up in the general queue and another Expert may well pick them up.