D.Sandlin
D.Sandlin, Network Administrator
Experience:  5 years as a Network Switching Systems Operator In the US ARMY (31F)
19897260

Forgot my password XXXXX my Barns and Noble nook and need to get

Forgot my password XXXXX my Barns and Noble nook and need to get a new one or recover old one. Can you help me so I can get into it?

Thank You,

Casey
Category: Networking
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Is it the wireless password XXXXX your nook to connect to your home network that you have forgotten?

Or is it the password XXXXX the nook itself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The PASSWORD XXXXX THE NOOK ITSELF

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

Ensure your NOOKcolor is powered off; to do so, depress the power button for 5 seconds. Your LCD screen should turn off

2.With your NOOKcolor powered off, Hold the Home Key (NOOK “n,” logo below the LCD), while simultaneously depressing the Power Button for up to 25 seconds.

3. Your NOOKcolor will begin the start up process, Do NOT let go until a confirmation window appears asking if you would like to, “Factory Reset Your Device?” This will De-Register as well as erase all content and information on your NOOKcolor (Including the 4 Digit Pass-code

4. Depress the Home Key to continue with the Factory Reset

5. Depress the Home Key again to Confirm

6. Your device will now begin the clearing process. Upon completion you will regain access to your NOOKcolor however all account and personal information (email, contacts, pass-code, credit card, etc..) will be deleted from your device. You will then be able to Re-Register your NOOKcolor and start anew

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After several attempts this process is not working. The screen comes up just asking for the password.
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 2 years ago.
Whats the exact type & model of Nook you have?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model BNRV200 Nook Color
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 2 years ago.
  1. With the NOOK color powered off hold down the n button (home), and Vol Up button and Power Button until the NOOK color powers on.
  2. You will be prompted with a Factory Reset dialog.
  3. Press n button (home).
  4. You will be prompted to confirm.
  5. Press n button (home).
  6. A Clearing Data dialog will show. NOOK color will reboot automatically once complete.

Were you able to see the factory reset dialogue when holding down all three buttons to power on the Nook?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The only thing that shows on the screen is "READ FOREVER" and then goes black.

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

Lets try the process again,this time.. make sure to remove an SD cards you may have inserted.

Will it get past that screen after removing the SD card?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is my Grandson's nook and he doesn't have an SD card in it. He came to visit and forgot his password XXXXX 9 months. His nook haad been stored at my house for the 9 months. Sorry for being such a pain.
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 2 years ago.
Theres no need to apologize, Im very used to electronics that do not want to behave.

Ok..

lets redo the Reset steps.. It may take four or five times for it to reset and move past the screen untill you go to the initial setup ( without having a password)

We may have to try this several times.

3. Press n button (home).
  4. You will be prompted to confirm.
  5. Press n button (home).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All is well! It finally worked. Thank you for your time concerning this matter. You are great.
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome!

Thank you for your patience as well, If you need anything further please let me know.

Also, before you go please remember to click one of the smiley faces to rate the support you recieved and the effectiveness of the answer given.

In the future if you need anything you can ask me specifically your questions at my profile link on Just Answer..

Make sure to ask the question through the box on my page, and also, Start it with For D.Sandlin Only

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-dsandlin/

D.Sandlin, Network Administrator
Experience: 5 years as a Network Switching Systems Operator In the US ARMY (31F)