Randy
Randy, Network Support Specialist
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist

Need help to setup Belkin N450 DB

Customer Question

Need help to setup Belkin N450 DB
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

I will need a little more info please. Do you have the Belkin connected to internet and now you need to connect your Mac to the network? Do you know the network name and password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot connect to the router
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

Your router has a unique Network Name (SSID) and a Password (WPA Key) set by default when you purchase it. Included with the router is a white card that has both the Network Name and Password XXXXX on it. Should you have misplaced this card, the Network name and Password XXXXX printed on the router's label as well.

Image

You will need the router's Network Name and Password XXXXX connect your wireless computer to the router.

Your Mac provides a menu of available wirelessnetworks at the right end of the menu bar.

1. Click on the icon showing wireless waves.
  2. Select your wireless network from the list that appears
    there. If asked to do so, enter the network password.
  3. your device is now connected
  4. .
  5. .
  6. If you have any further questions, please let me know... If I have helped you today Please press the Accept Button(or the Smiley Face if prompted )SmileAnd then click Submit.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Randy, Network Support Specialist
Experience: Information Technology Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
which wireless network do I click on
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Your home network should have the strongest signal. Also the Belkin router has the Network name and Password XXXXX printed on the router's label as well.

Image

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have done as suggested but still cannot connect to router and my computer tells that I have failed to establish a DSL connection with my local network
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
  • Did you connect to the modem ( provided by your ISP) using the Belkin Router set up CD?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have done as you suggested but still no good
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Which internet provider do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Eircom
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Do you have the set up CD that came with your router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
afraid I can’t locate the disk
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Okay, Thank you. Do you have any other devices connected to the Belkin router wired or wireless?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Can you connect to internet with an ethernet cable connected from your Mac to your Belkin router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no I can't
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Okay. Thank you for your patience. We will need to get your router working.

For the best results, place the Router next to your modem (device provided by your ISP) in an open location away from large metal objects and magnets such as those found in speakers. Raising the Router above floor level can improve the strength of your wireless signal.

First you will need to connect your router to your modem.

Disconnect your modem’s power supply from the wall (assuming you have a powered modem).

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Connect your Router’s Ethernet cable to your modem’s Ethernet port (on the back of your modem) or the Internet port provided by your Internet service provider. This port might be labeled differently on your particular modem. If you are adding a Router for the first time, this port may be connected to your computer by an Ethernet cable. It is OK to disconnect your computer and plug the Router into the modem instead.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Reconnect your modem’s power supply so it begins starting up; wait at least 30 seconds. Now plug the Router’s power supply into a wall outlet.

Your router has a unique Network Name (SSID) and a Password (WPA Key) set by default when you purchase it. Included with the router is a white card that has both the Network Name and Password noted on it. Should you have misplaced this card, the Network name and Password are printed on the routers label as well.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

You will need the router's Network Name and Password to connect your wireless computer to the router.