Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer. Cisco, Microsoft and A+ certified.
23822421

My Uverse connection recently is comming up with an IP Diagnostics

My Uverse connection recently is comming up with an IP Diagnostics page stating "Warning Potential Connection Issue (Message ID: NAD-2902)"

Both of our computers are getting this message at times but not all the time. When I test it using the troubleshooting page it says the "Earthnet" fails in the earthnet ports and the 6rd Continuity Check fails. Everything else passes.

However, I can connect through the internet at any time when I connect through my company's VPN connection. That connection seems to be pretty slow though.

Can you give me any ideas on how to fix my problem?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Hello, I am John C., Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

VPN connections are generally slow.

What Operative System version do you have on all your computers? (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the delay. We went out of town and then my company's system was getting some maintenance.

We have two laptops. Mine uses Windows XP professional. My wife's is a Macbook Pro which was was the 2011 model just after its release - not sure which system that uses since she isn't here right now.

This problem is often caused by a phone or other device which is connected to your phone line (such as a fax machine, satellite receiver, alarm system or medical monitor) that does not have a DSL filter.

Please check that all telephone equipment is attached to a DSL filter and that all filters are properly installed (e.g., are not installed backwards).

Please check if the error occurs when someone is using your phone land-line phone, or the fax and let me know.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the "Accept Answer" green button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!