TechGrant, System Administrator
Experience:  I am a network engineer for a small firm and work with multiple small business firms for all there server/administration needs.

Can we use a Cisco Linksys modem for VPN connections? If yes,

Can we use a Cisco Linksys modem for VPN connections? If yes, which software would you recommend?

Eur. Ing. J.S.Bellman
Category: Networking
Expert:  TechGrant replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Well, not all support IPSEC VPN, so the cheaper ones will not support it unless you run teh VPN on one of the Servers, so if you dont have a Server (Windows Server, Linux) then you want a router to support VPN then you will need to go into the business models Cisco Linksys:

All Operating systems have builtin VPN authenications builtin into them just search howto setup PPTP VPN and you will find more than enough information on that.

If you are just wanting to use a VPN to make your connection secure and dont want to hassle with all the hardware/server configs ETC then you look at a service like this:

if I ahve answered your question please hit ACCEPT. thanks

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!