Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.

my lenovo laptop computer wont connect to the internet. just

my lenovo laptop computer won't connect to the internet. just got back from a business trip where I connected to hotel network, and wifi network. came home and can't connect to home network by wifi or even by ethernet. older computer does connect. what's wrong? how to fix? how much does your service cost?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Can you disconnect the power cord from the wireless router for a few minutes and check?

Can you try:

Please click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device manager, then open/expand Network adapters and right-click on each of the items under it and click on Uninstall and confirm. Then restart the computer.

Please click on Start->All Programs->Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator. Then type each of the command lines below, one line at a time, and press the Enter key each time:

netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset netshlog.txt

Then restart the computer and check.

Please let me know later. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the computer went into some sort of disk check when I restarted, so it'll be a few minutes.
OK, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it worked. thanks so much. where to I click accept?
Great. You're welcome. Here it is. Thank you.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!