Carl L
Carl L, PC Technician
Experience:  14+ Years of Extensive Computer Repair Experience.
27991594

I AM TRYING TO GET MY QSEE QT426 CONNECTED TO THE NET BUT I DO NOT KNO

Customer Question

I AM TRYING TO GET MY QSEE QT426 CONNECTED TO THE NET BUT I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SETUP THE NETWORK INFO FIND THE IP ADDRESS SUBNET MASK GATEWAY PREFERRED DNS SERVER AND MAKE SURE THAT I CAN REMOTELY CONNECT FROM ANY REMOTE LOCATION?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

I install Network Based Camera System on a weekly basis and know everything about them. The very first thing you have to have to view your camera remotely is to have a Static IP Address from your Internet Provider like AT&T, Comcast, Cox, etc. This usually costs about an additional $15 on your bill a month to have. It also takes about 5-7 days for them to set it up. Once you have this Static IP, that will be the address you enter into the DVR. The Subnet would be 255.255.255.252 and the Gateway address will usually be the Routers Gateway IP. For example, if you had Comcast the IP would be the Static that they give you, the Subnet would be 255.255.255.252, the Gateway would be 10.1.10.1, and their Preferred DNS is usually 75.75.75.75 and their secondary is 75.75.76.76. You would set your Port to the Default (80) and that's about it. Let me know if I can help you further.

Thanks,

XXXXX XXXXXndsey

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!