Engineer-Thomas
Engineer-Thomas, Consultant
Experience:  Professional Engineer & technology consultant
62914567

how do i download videos off my iphone 4 to my pc or mac

Customer Question

how do i download videos off my iphone 4 to my pc or mac with out deleting everything else???
Category: Networking
Expert:  Engineer-Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Hi there,
If you have iTunes installed, you should be able to browse to the movies directory on your file system in windows 7.
Connect the iPhone, then go to 'my computer' or 'computer' on your desktop.

You should see a section 'portable devices', and under that, 'Apple iPhone'. Open that, select 'Internal storage', then DCIM.
From here, perform a search in the search box for '*.mov' (without the quotes).
This will give you all the movie files on your phone. Make sure you also click (Show all x) to show all of the files, not just some.
After you've done that, you can either cut or copy the files to anywhere on your computer.

Hope this helps, let me know how you go.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do i have to have itunes on it?? also how would i do that to my mac air???
Well, you could certainly try without installing iTunes, the drivers might already be on your computer for Windows 7. Connect your iPhone, wait a few minutes, then try the instructions above. If you can't browse to the photos, then unfortunately yes you would need iTunes.

Do you mean you want to copy them to your mac air?
It should be the same story - except you will need to use the 'Finder' to browse to the location of the photos after connecting your iPhone.

Let me know how you go!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yea i want to connect to my mac but i dont want mess up my i pod prograaming its not linked to that itunes... also u now a good add on for mac that delets cookies one touch???

You won't mess up the iPod programming - just make sure that you cancel any messages which pop up asking if you want to sync your iPhone.
You don't have to launch itunes in order to copy the movies or pictures off.

Please give it a try and let me know how you go.

Here are some articles on how to delete cookies on a mac:
http://osxdaily.com/2009/11/10/delete-cookies-on-a-mac/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok i have it hooked up to mac air and i closed itunes now what??? its my iphone 4 i want to trnsfer to my mac air??

It appears apple has recently patched the iPhone so that on a Mac, you can't browse the files without an additional application.
Please download and install this mounting application, which will let you see your iPhone in the finder (file explorer) in mac:
http://www.addictivetips.com/mac-os/mount-iphone-and-ipad-in-finder-as-local-usb-disk-drive-mac/