networkwiz
networkwiz, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  MCA (Masters of Computer Application)

how do I connect my toshiba laptop to internet with router

Customer Question

how do I connect my toshiba laptop to internet with router on to broadband net work
Category: Networking
Expert:  networkwiz replied 2 years ago.

networkwiz :

networkwiz :

what is your router model number

Customer :

TC5815 is router model number

Customer :

TC5815 is router model number

networkwiz :

ok

networkwiz :

let me check the settings

networkwiz :

can you give me the brand name like linksys, netgear etc

Customer :

Supanet

networkwiz :

this is the router a wireless router?

networkwiz :

is this a wireless router?

Customer :

Yes it is awireless router

networkwiz :

supanet is your isp

networkwiz :

internet service provider

networkwiz :

please check the router bottom

networkwiz :

you will see the model number and the make too.

Customer :

serial no.k15hb2806433 make kasda digital technology co.ltd

networkwiz :

sir if you dont mind can you take a picture and post it here

Customer :

sorry I do not have any way of doing that

networkwiz :

no problem

networkwiz :

i will give you steps to perform

networkwiz :

clcik on the start button

networkwiz :

select run

networkwiz :

type in cmd and hit enter

networkwiz :

let me know when you are there

networkwiz :

sir are you there?

Customer :

The main thing I want is how to programme my lap top to get on th internet using this router

networkwiz :

that is what i am going to tell you now

networkwiz :

Follow these steps on your laptop to connect it to the wireless router

Customer :

sorry this is a brand new laptop and I am unable to get run on it

networkwiz :

click on the WiFi Connection icon. It can be found in the system tray at the bottom of the laptop screen.

Use the refresh button it will show all available wireless network or router identify your router in the list and select it

Use the Add button at the bottom of the dialog if your WiFi network isn't in the Available Networks section.

Click on Configure when you see your network's SSID in the "Available Networks.

Enter your network's SSID and wpa/WEP key.

Click on Start, then choose Connect To and Wireless Network Connection. Your computer should now be able to access the WiFi network. If the WiFi network is connected to the Internet, it should also be able to connect to the Internet.

networkwiz :

follow the steps sir

networkwiz :

i gave you let me know how it works

Customer :

connect to is not on the computer

networkwiz :

sorry i didnt get that

Customer :

connect to is not on the computer

networkwiz :

can you hardwire the laptop and get internet

networkwiz :

so that i can remotely fix the wireless for you

Customer :

Sorry I would have to go and buy more connectors to do this I think I will just go back to the shop I bought it in as no instructions were supplied

networkwiz :

sir its very simple

networkwiz :

if you dont have a cable no problem

networkwiz :

all you have to make sure is

networkwiz :

turn on the wireless switch on the laptop first

networkwiz :

do you see a wireless icon like this on the keyboard on the top

networkwiz :

may be on F6 or F8 key

networkwiz :

Full Size Image

networkwiz :

like this

networkwiz :

press the Fn key and the wireless icon key together

networkwiz :

then the wifi light should be on

networkwiz :

and then follow the steps i gave

networkwiz :

networkwiz :

let me know if you have any question

Customer :

Iam sorry I will have to pack up now as I have another job to attend to for the rest of th evening

networkwiz :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers as I may be helping others or i am not online.

If I have adequately answered your question, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate click the "Reply to expert" button to reply me and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.