Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I have the Sony BluRay BDP-S390 wireless player. I am having

Customer Question

I have the Sony BluRay BDP-S390 wireless player. I am having difficulty setting it up to pick up our ATT wireless in the house...can you HELP?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 years ago.

What happens after selecting your wireless network name?

What's the brand and model of your att wireless router?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think it asked for wireless name..I tried the easy set up, then tried the easy network set up..um, it wasn,t easy :o(

Where will I find above info or router..it's in the basement...it is a newer model of what we previously had and hooks up the fastest, they say? We got no instruction book with it the technical [erson from ATT hooked it up and there is a lage box on the inner wall where phone lines come in...maybe that is why they say tier 2 support?

The model is listed on the back/bottom of the router/device.

When you try the easy network setup, what did it ask for?

Can you try another method and let me know? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is router same as modum? Let me go get that information off the modum..will be right back!
Sometimes the modem and router are combined into one; just check all the Internet devices.

Can you try other options on the bluray? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think there is a manual set up for it..but, I don't know much about these machines they intimdate me...there is the other box they put in the basement where wire comes in, then it goes over to modum...I can go down & check other box

Modum had SSID 2 wire623, wi fi key # XXXXX a Mac#..but we don't have Mac computers? We have HP...will check other box....be right back, putting info on pad of paper to copy & send to you this is so dang frustrating!!!
That's good enough. Don't worry about the Mac #. When you try the manual setup, what happens when you select the 2wire623 name and enter your wifi key number? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Other big box was power supply and battery backup...that is/isn't needed?
No, it's not needed. Don't worry about the Mac #. When you try the manual setup, what happens when you select the 2wire623 name and enter your wifi key number? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It first asks to choose how to set up wireless network? If access point supports WPS, select "Wi FI Protected Setup
Then below is 2 wire, and it also has manual registration...not sure if WPS?
Can you select 2wire...? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did and now it's asking for WPA key?
Great. Enter the wifi key # XXXXX the bottom/back of the router (it is case-sensitive). Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did and now it's asking for WPA key? There are astriks after the WPA, how do I stART OVER WITH THE NUMBER? Also, why is it asking me to pay and its not resolved?
Can you delete and enter the key on the back/bottom of the router and/or just continue, etc.? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK it says there is an update, but I have no idea where to find it....it says internet settings now complete! With wireless and internet access both say OK!

Will this now allow me to have "large screen" computer for 80 year old husband to see?

That is what am trying to accomplish.... if it is done THaNK YOU, XXXXX XXXXX feel so inadequate with this machine....
Great. You're welcome. Just follow anything it lets you do on the screen, and/or just use it.

Yes, you can play internet movies, etc. from the bluray on the large screen.

That's it; the Internet is set up on the bluray. Please click on the smiley icon , then click on Accept Answer if you are satisfied with my help, then please leave positive feedback later. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was told I could open up a web site by using this..is it ONLY for video use?
Yes, it has a web browser you can use to go to websites. Just try to use all the features. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is a browser and how do I find it?
Go to Network option on the home menu, then select Internet Browser. Please click below for full steps/illustrations; see starting page 22:
http://www.docs.sony.com/release/BDPS390_BX39.pdf

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you...I hate to just go around clicking on things...I was helping ? a student at ND from Poland, we were her hosts...I was trying to help with her grammer, and when i clicked a button I deleted her whole masters paper..I hunt & peck type & it had take forever to do it...so that's why I am leery about just going random places

That is the booklet I have in my lap also with lap top....I was getting nowhere with the booklet and we got it last 2 days ago! Thanks VERY much@!
OK. You're welcome. Please click on the smiley icon , then click on Accept Answer if you are satisfied with my help, then please leave positive feedback later. If you have any further question, please let me know. Thank you
Experience: Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.