Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

How do I set up my netgear router to watch netflix instantly

Customer Question

How do I set up my netgear WNR1000 v2 router to watch netflix instantly to my tv?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question. Please remember to click the accept button if you are satisfied with my answers.

p0llinate :

This really depends on your tv model.

p0llinate :

If you have a "smart tv" with built in wifi, you'll just need to set up the wifi network on your netgear (assign a network name, encryption type, and password)

JACUSTOMER-mveaimug- :

I have a sharp hd tv

p0llinate :

Can you give me the model number of the tv?

JACUSTOMER-mveaimug- :

My router is connected to my cable and computer

JACUSTOMER-mveaimug- :

i'll have to look for it, one minute

JACUSTOMER-mveaimug- :

LC-26DV12U or XXXXXXXXX A not sure which one you need

p0llinate :

The LC... is correct.

p0llinate :

This is an older model (no longer made/supported) and is not a "smart tv" meaning it doesn't have built in capability to access the internet, netflix, etc.

p0llinate :

Your options to get netflix service on the tv, are to either connect your computer directly to the tv, using the tv as a monitor, or to get an external streaming device to connect to the computer, such as roku, appletv, etc.

p0llinate :

A roku (example: Roku 2 XD Streaming Player 1080p) would be your best and cheapest option.

p0llinate :

It would connect to the hdmi or auxiliary video inputs on the tv, and have built in wifi that will connect to your netgear for internet access, and give you access to stream netflix, hulu, youtube, etc on your tv.

p0llinate :

If you have any other questions, let me know, otherwise please remember to click the green accept button to close out our chat today.

p0llinate :

Thank you,

p0llinate :