James, Sr. Network Administrator
Experience:  Highly experienced with wireless networks and wireless equipment, LAN and networking protocols

What is the difference with the Huawei E230 and E1750. I purchased

Customer Question

What is the difference with the Huawei E230 and E1750. I purchased a Android google tablet and are using a E230 dongle as reccomended in the manual amongst others.
I am not having any success connecting to internet with this it does not even load or register when pluged into tablet.The seller maintains I should be using the E1750 to receive 3G network.The E230 works perfect in my laptop & PC.Where to from here.
Category: Networking
Expert:  dukey01 replied 2 years ago.
What version of Android are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

dukey01

the android version is 2.2

Kernel version2.6.32.9-default

My first E230 when connected through transfer box came up with U drive faulty/error

this was replaced with another now this one does not transmit or receive.There is no

light indications on dongle and no messages on tablet.Have tried Wi-Fi its ok have loaded picture files through to unit using transfer box that is ok as well.Hope this

extra info is of some use.

Expert:  dukey01 replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a mouse or anything else you can plug in to that USB port to make sure it's getting power. That dongle should work with Android 2.2
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have plugged a flash drive in and veiwed photos and also use a keyboard in the usb ports of the transfer box.I use the same cable with the dongle for my laptop.I havent got a mouse handy to try right at present but in a couple of hours time when I am at work I will.I know its a silly question but the seller mentioned it ,the sim card is used the modom and not seperate in the tablet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have plugged a flash drive in and veiwed photos and also use a keyboard in the usb ports of the transfer box.I use the same cable with the dongle for my laptop.I havent got a mouse handy to try right at present but in a couple of hours time when I am at work I will.I know its a silly question but the seller mentioned it ,the sim card is used the modom and not seperate in the tablet.It seems as you stated the dongle doesnt seem

to be getting any power from the tablet but the previous one did.

Expert:  dukey01 replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by transfer box. Can you describe to me how you have all your equipment connected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The transfer box is also called a USB interface It is the item you can attach two usb I/P

& the ethernet cable to and this plugs into the side of the tablet.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

& the ethernet cable to and this plugs into the side of the tablet.I have used and tried the same interface for all my uses.

Expert:  dukey01 replied 2 years ago.
Try plugging the E230 directly into the tablet. Hook the tablet up to electrical power (no battery) and reboot the tablet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the E230 has a normal usb connection and the connection to the tablet is different that

takes the interface its flat and wider

Expert:  dukey01 replied 2 years ago.
Now I'm understanding more. We have no choice but to use the USB adapter? I'm starting to think that for some reason the E230 isn't getting enough power from the USB adapter. That's why I suggested rebooting the tablet with everything connected while the tablet was being powered from the wall.