Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I cannot find the netgear site ....readyshare. Can you he

I cannot find the netgear site ....readyshare. Can you help?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

In typical, big company fashion, they have changed the URL to that site, not thinking that the millions of customers who already had their product might want to use it.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

And, of course, they didn't do a re-direct.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Let me make sure I have the right information before I give it to you.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

one sec

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Are you still there?

JACUSTOMER-cvfs804t- :

yes

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

ok

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

That is the new URL

JACUSTOMER-cvfs804t- :

give me a minute to write it down

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

ok

JACUSTOMER-cvfs804t- :

ok, I'll try it. What do i do if it doesn't work?

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Interesting... I didn't realize it ONLY supports your specific router.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

You can come back to me.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

But it will work.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

When you get to that page, you just have to sign up.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

In fact, you can go to it now while I am here.

JACUSTOMER-cvfs804t- :

ok

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hmmm... this is very interesting.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Do you have an iPad, Android, or both?

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Did you get there?

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello?

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Please remember to click accept.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
I lost you in chat. Were you able to get to the site?

If so, please remember to click accept or the Green Smiley. If you have additional questions, just let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I clicked on the site with two different computers and got my URL's version of a Google page. Nothing of help there. Sorry
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
That doesn't make any sense.

What is your "URLs version of a Google page".

The site is there, I can go to it myself.
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience: 20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I typed in www.readyshare.netgear.com/ and got a list of different web sites to go to, much as if you were to search a subject on Google.
So, you didn't actually click on the link I gave you. Compare what you typed in to what I gave you as a URL. They are not the same. You have to either click on the URL I gave you, or type it EXACTLY as you see it there.

graphic
Hello. I'm just following up on your Netgear Router question. It seems like you were able to get to that page OK. If you have any other questions, please feel free to come by and ask. That's what i'm here for.