Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified.

Trying to install HP Envy wureless printer. However on the

Trying to install HP Envy wureless printer. However on the printer selection it doesn't show Envy is there another name?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am John C., Computer Science Engineer, Networking Expert in JustAnswer. I will be very happy & will do my best to help you.

Check the back of the printer, it should say one of the following models:

HP ENVY 110 e-All-in-One Printer - D411a
HP ENVY 111 e-All-in-One Printer - D411d
HP ENVY 114 e-All-in-One Printer - D411c
HP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One Printer - D410a
HP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One Printer - D410b

Even if you have a subscription, please scroll down and click the green "Accept Answer" button so I can get compensated for my time by JustAnswer

Thank you very much!

John C.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I understand the the name however, on my gateway computer it doesn't give me the option of the those choices to install on my gateway. I was wondering if I can use another HP printer name to get my envy to work. The blue tooth on my gateway recognizes the Envy but it won't install unless I chose a HP printer and Envy is not on the list.

OK, which is the model number of your printer?

And, what Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

NOTE: If you have Windows 7 or Vista, please let me know if you have the 32 bit or 64 bit version. Please click Start, then right click "Computer" and select Properties to find out the version.

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have Windows 7 and 32 bit version

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HP Envy 110 e all in one D411 Regulatory model number is XXXXX

This printer is not bluetooth enabled.

If you want to print via wireless, then you need a wireless router. Do you have one? If you do, please let me know what's your router brand and model.

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is blue tooth enabled I just printed from our other laptop and my Ipad. As I said before the gateway recognizes the printer but it won't let me install because the driver options doesn't give HP Envy as a option to chose. Our wireless router is Netgear and it is working for our 2 IPads and my work computer and my wife computer.

OK, then probably the printer is connected to your wireless router, not via bluetooth. I checked the specs and didn't say bluetooth. It is compatible with a wireless router, but not bluetooth.

Please follow the steps below from the "problematic" computer with Windows 7:

1- Turn on your printer

2- On Windows 7, Click Start

3- Click "Devices and Printers"

4- Click "Add a printer"

5- Click "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer"

6- Select your printer and click "Next"

7- Click Next

8- Click Next

9- Click Next

10- Click Finish

11- Wait 2 minutes and try to print

Thank you

John C.
Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Experience: Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified.