Sergio A
Sergio A, Network Engineer
Experience:  I have 15+ years configuring and repairing networks.
45006406

I just got set up with a Netgear 7550 router from Frontier.

I just got set up with a Netgear 7550 router from Frontier. Right now, it seems to be randomly assigning some devices on my private network dynamic IP's and others with static IP's. I'd like to set everything up with a static IP, but have not been able to find a clear way to do this. Any ideas?

Sergio A :

Hi, my name is Sergio. Thanks for allowing me to help you. You should set the router to use only the number of addresses for each device you use, then assign a static address from each PC or device.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So, if I understand you correctly, there is no way to assign static IP's from within the router's configuration and I need to set up every device individually with a static IP?
You reserve IP addresses from the router, but assign static addresses from the client. Let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Thanks