Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer. Cisco, Microsoft and A+ certified.
23822421

Cannot connect netgear wireless extender to mywifiext.net

i cannot connect my netgear wireless extender to 'mywifiext.net'...which is the directive in the instructions to begin to activiate the extender

how long should i expect to wait - since i have already paid?

Category: Networking
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 2 years ago.

Please follow the steps below:

1- First, place your Extender equal distance between your router and the farthest wireless computer located outside the range of your existing router.

2- Plug in the power adapter and turn on the Extender, and wait for one minute. The Extender Status LED will turn green

3- From the farthest computer, connect to the "NETGEAR_EXT" or "EXTENDER" wireless network. (If you don't know how to do that, please let me know the Windows or Mac version of the farthest computer)

4- Open a browser from the same farthest computer and go to www.mywifiext.net and it will automatically take you to the Smart Wizard to connect the Extender to the existing network.

5- If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am unable to access the instructed www.mywifiext.net.....which is how to get the wizard....my lite is green; i'm good line of sight distance - but cannot get the browser IE to allow me access to the site....r u suggesting i try www.netgear_ext? not sure that's what you mean - if so, how? i'm on windows 7

OK. Please follow the steps below from your computer with Windows 7:

1- Please click Start, then Control Panel

2- Now click "View by: Large icons"

3- Click "Network and Sharing Center"

4- Click "Connect to a Network"

5- A list of wireless networks will show up. Please select your network ("NETGEAR_EXT" or "EXTENDER" or your_network_name_EXT) and then click "Connect"

6- Open a browser (internet explorer, Firefox, etc) from the same farthest computer and go to www.mywifiext.net and it will automatically take you to the Smart Wizard to connect the Extender to the existing network.

Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well, you gave me great instructions - thank you - so i followed everything - and then got to a place (after I had received the connection to the extender on my PC) and a screen asked me for a (server) username and password ***** which i have no idea what that is supposed to be - i tried 3 different ones - and of course you know what happened - i received a screen that said denied access - unathorized - from the 3 attempts....i'm not sure what that will do or not - i'm uncertain how to doublecheck what i need to know - or how to fix what i was denied....there were no 'help' buttons on the screen - just a blank white screen with those black letters - denied - unauthorized.... does this mean anything? is there something that i still need to do? how would I know? thank you so very much for your help.....i could not have gotten this far without your second note....
Default username is admin and password ***** password

Please try with them and let me know
Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Experience: Computer Science Engineer. Cisco, Microsoft and A+ certified.