theman125
theman125, PC Technician
Experience:  A+ certified technician that is an expert on home networking
63607160

I have a Toshiba Satellite P755 S5270 that the wireless quit

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Satellite P755 S5270 that the wireless quit working. There is a red X over the wireless. It said to turn on hardware radio switch to enable. I can not locate that switch on this laptop. I have pressed the Wireless Antenna on/off with no success. Also tried F8, but there are no options. Can you help get wireless enabled? XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Networking
Expert:  theman125 replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I should be able to help. First, I have some questions. How old is the laptop? Have you installed anything new on it in the last couple of days?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's about 6 months old. I have not installed anything in the last two weeks. I was using it on battery and somehow set from shut down to standby. At that time the wireless stopped working. I did chang back to shutdown when powering off.
Expert:  theman125 replied 4 years ago.
It could be one of three things fist the software that runs you wireless card has be messed up and need to be replaced. A simple trip to Toshiba's support web site at www.Toshiba.com/support should fix that problem. If it is not that, it means that Windows is messed up in some way and needs to be restored. This could cause the loss of data so a back up of the important stuff is needed for this fix. The third and final thing it could be is the wireless card in your computer has gone bad and need to be replaced. With the laptop only being six month old there should still be a warranty, and you would have to go back to Toshiba's support website to check that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm disappionted with your suggestions. There were 3 generic suggestions with no trooubleshooting on your part. I got more information from the Toshiba wireless blog than you provided.