Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer. Cisco, Microsoft and A+ certified.
23822421

Have Linksys AE2500 and it will not connect to Wireless network

Have Linksys AE2500 and it will not connect to Wireless network from 2Wire cable modem. I have another PC right beside it, with a Netgear Wireless adapter that works just fine. Do you have a solution.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am John C., Computer Science Engineer, Networking Expert in JustAnswer. I will be very happy & will do my best to help you.

Could you please explain the issue a little bit more?

If you have at least one computer connecting fine to your wireless network, then it seems the Linksys AE2500 is working fine.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have two PCs side by side. One has a Netgear wirelss USB adapter that has been and is working just fine. I just purchased and attempted to install a Lynksys AE2500, and it attempts to connect to the wireless network, but fails.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have two PCs side by side. One has a Netgear wirelss USB adapter that has been and is working just fine. I just purchased and attempted to install a Lynksys AE2500, and it attempts to connect to the wireless network, but fails. I installed the AE2500 on the newer PC.

Got it. What Windows version do you have on the "good" computer? (the computer that connects fine to the internet)

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It has Windows XP Pro. On the newer one, Win 7 HP

OK. Please follow the steps below from your computer with Windows 7:

1- Please click Start, then Control Panel

2- Now click "View by: Large icons"

3- Click "Network and Sharing Center"

4- Click "Connect to a Network"

5- A list of wireless networks will show up. Please select your network name and then click "Connect"

6- IF you are prompted to enter a network password, enter it. If you get an error message here OR if you don't remember your wireless network password, please let me know.

7- Even if you have a subscription, please scroll down and click the green Accept button so I can get compensated for my time by JustAnswer

Thank you very much!

John C.