David Kirk
David Kirk, System Administrator
Experience:  4+ yrs system/ network administration. 13+ years desktop experience. Proficient in PHP, CMS, MySQL.
32665769

How can I view the screen of another computer on my home wifi

How can I view the screen of another computer on my home wifi LAN?

David Kirk :

Welcome to Just Answer.

You can use a remote desktop program. A good one I have used that is supported on Windows 98 is TightVNC. You can download it from http://www.tightvnc.com/download-old.php. You install it on both computers and setup a password XXXXX connecting.

You will need to know the IP address of the Windows 98 computer. You can find this out by going to your start menu, then going to run and typing in "command" without the quotes. This will launch a command prompt. In this black window, type ipconfig. It will show an IP address in the format: 0.0.0.0. You will use this to connect to that computer, using the TightVNC program.

Please let me know if any of this doesn't make sense or you need further assistance.

Thanks!
David Kirk

Customer:

Is TightVNC freeware?

David Kirk :

Yep, completely free.

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX for it.