Rojus Alappat
Rojus Alappat, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in H/W & N/W
50059793

configure 192.168.10.1

Customer Question

configure 192.168.10.1
Category: Networking
Expert:  R.A. McConnell replied 5 years ago.

R.A. McConnell :

Hello, I'll be happy to help you with this.

R.A. McConnell :

Are you looking for your wireless network key (password XXXXX passphrase)?

R.A. McConnell :

If so, I'll need the make and model of your router to get you the correct set of instructions for retrieving this information.

JACUSTOMER-7dqh0hsl- :

tion from instructions from trendnet

R.A. McConnell :

You have a Trendnet router? If so, which model?

JACUSTOMER-7dqh0hsl- :

tew651br

R.A. McConnell :

Okay, I'm working on getting a complete set of instructions for you. Is the router at the address 192.168.10.1?

JACUSTOMER-7dqh0hsl- :

yes

R.A. McConnell :

When you open that address in a web browser on a computer on your network, do you get a login box?

JACUSTOMER-7dqh0hsl- :

no

R.A. McConnell :

What do you see when you open that address in your web browser?

JACUSTOMER-7dqh0hsl- :

advertisements

R.A. McConnell :

Unless you have a virus or adware of some sort, that's not the address of your router. Which operating system are you using on the computer?

JACUSTOMER-7dqh0hsl- :

windows 7

R.A. McConnell :

Here is how we will find the router's address: from the Start menu, click on All Programs, then on Accessories, then on Command Prompt. Type ipconfig when the text-mode command box opens, then press ENTER. I'm looking for your Default Gateway or IPv4 Gateway.

JACUSTOMER-7dqh0hsl- :

default gateway list 192.168.10.1 as correct

R.A. McConnell :

Do you have a different web browser that you can use to try opening this address in?

JACUSTOMER-7dqh0hsl- :

no I seem to have trouble with the browser site. When i click on explorer icon home site appears

R.A. McConnell :

Try this address, then: http://192.168.10.1/lan.htm

JACUSTOMER-7dqh0hsl- :

Can I try this address and get back to you?

R.A. McConnell :

Sure. You might try right-clicking on it and opening it in a new window or tab. Also, bookmarking this page so that it is easier to get back to if we get disconnected might be a good idea.

JACUSTOMER-7dqh0hsl- :

sign off now. Will try this address.

R.A. McConnell :

Let me know what the result is. If you get access, you should be able to click on the Wireless button on the left and get your settings there.

JACUSTOMER-7dqh0hsl- :

I tried using this address and I did not find the wireless button. When I contacted internet explorer I got na different screern

R.A. McConnell :

What was on the screen when you used Internet Explorer?

JACUSTOMER-7dqh0hsl- :

Many web sites

R.A. McConnell :

At this point, it looks like you probably have an adware problem on your computer. You'll need to get that cleaned up as a separate issue before we can proceed here. If you would like to open a new question on that matter, or attempt to solve it yourself, please feel free to return here when it's resolved and I'll be happy to continue assisting you with getting your password XXXXX your Kindle.

JACUSTOMER-7dqh0hsl- :

My computer has been checked by Norton and there is no virus or adware. I have a Kindle Fire.

JACUSTOMER-7dqh0hsl- :

I have connected to wi fi with my Trendnet router but I need to put in a password. What keys do I have to click on to reach the wizard to put in the password?

Expert:  Rojus Alappat replied 5 years ago.
Hi... Welcome to Just Answer Support...
I am Rojus... Hope I can assist you to solve this issue...

First of all you just connect your system and router with a network cable.
Once you connected
1. Open your web browser, type http://192.168.10.1 in the Address bar, and
then press Enter.
2. Enter the User Name and Password, and then click Log In.
User Name: admin
Password: admin

Then under main menu
3. The Wizard will automatically appear. Click
Wizard if the Wizard does not automatically
appear.
4. Click Next.
5. Enter a Password, verify the Password and
then click Next. By default, the Password is
admin.

You can change the security key once you login to your router...

If you have any doubts, go through the following link. Or you can contact me through just answer...

downloads.trendnet.com/TEW-651BR/manual/EN_Web_TEW-651BR(1.02)_110509.pdf

Kindly let me know if you need any further assistance...

1- If you feel that my assistance was helpful to solve the issue, Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. So Please leave me a positive feedback if you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
your answer is not complete. I have to give you more information about my router. I will asap.
have you logged in to your router ? if no, just try the following steps...

Step 1 Log into the Router by entering its IP address into a browser. The default IP address is http://192.168.1.1. The default username is admin with a password of admin.

Step 2 Click on “Main” on the left hand side then click on “Password”.