IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

How do i resolve router/access point channel conflict--Trying

Customer Question

How do i resolve router/access point channel conflict--Trying to set up wireless printer
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you solve your problem.

Could you tell me what kind of error message you get?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 years ago.
In that case, please tell me the brand and the model of your wireless router.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

E 1000 Lynsus

Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 years ago.
Since your printer operates on the same channel, you will need to change wireless network channel on your router. It's a simple change which won't disconnect you nor disable you from connecting.

So, to start, click this link below.
http://192.168.1.1

You will be transferred to a web-based your router's configuration utility. When asked for login information, type only admin for Password field, and leave Username field empty. Once you are in, click Wireless tab. Under Basic Wireless Settings, make sure to select Manual as the Configuration View.

Then, if you see that Network Mode is set as Mixed, change a value under Channel Width (if it is set as 20MHz only, set it to Auto - 20 MHz or 40MHz and vice-versa). However, if you see that Network Mode is set as either:

- Wireless-B/G Only
- Wireless-G Only
- Wireless-B Only

then change a value under Channel Width. You can choose from numbers 1-11. Set to 8 and click Save Settings.

After that, wait a while check your printer. It shouldn't give you that error message again.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 years ago.
I am glad I could help! If you need any other help regarding computers, contact me on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-expert-miro

I will do my best to help you again. For any other category, go to JustAnswer homepage. Thanks and have a nice day!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here