Jason Jones, Network Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.

Have a netgear n600 wndr3400. Been having problems with wireless

Have a netgear n600 wndr3400. Been having problems with wireless connection. Am unable to reconfigure router. I have tryed the resource disk, which doesn't work, and have logged in maually to configure. My network doesn't show up in wireless mode. A negearmolby network is displayed. When I connect ethernet cable to the computer and router, my network shows up and I can get to the internet.
I had some problems several days ago. Suddenly started to get domain name server not available . Seemed like the speed was too fast and tryed to retrieve the internet page before it was accessed. So, got that browser could not display web page. I then tryed to configure the router. Got firmware update needed. In the midst of the update something stopped it. However, the system indicated that the update was completed.
At the moment,, I am throughly confused. HELP!

Welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

As of right now, if you plug a computer into the router with a cable, you can still get online, correct?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, with the cable in the router to the computer I am able to get to the internet with no problem. If I remove the cable, my network name is XXXXX XXXXX and there is no wireless connect at all.

Thank you for the update.

How about this; can you plug the problem wireless computer into the router or modem with a cable and allow me to remote into it so I can setup the wireless connection?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.

Please, click the following link ON THE PROBLEM wireless computer and allow the remote app to run:

You may click the green ACCEPT ANSWER button on the bottom right of your screen now and leave any feedback for me that you feel is appropriate.

Thank you,
- Jason

If you ever want to work with me as your expert in the future, please bookmark the following website. You can ask any future questions directly to me and I will be the expert assigned to your case: