Travis, System Administrator
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience in the IT field.
A new question is answered every 9 seconds no longer exists. Where do i find the setup

Resolved Question: no longer exists. Where do I find the setup screen?

Category: Networking
Expert:  Travis replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer
Is this for a WiFi range extender?

Customer :
Yes Netgear wn2000rpt

bobnosnarb :
Are you connected to it now?

Customer :
No i am trying to set it up for a friend

bobnosnarb :
Can you connect the extender to your wireless to test? Or are you having problems getting into the extender to set it up?

Customer :
It's working with the router but i cant acces the website to set it up. it doesnt exist anymore apparently

bobnosnarb :
Are you connected to the router now or the extenter in your wireless networks? The SSID for the extender should be something like this

NETGEAR_EXT with your routers SSID in the place of NETGEAR. I belive you have to connect to the _EXT before the website will come up.

Customer :
Can you give me instructions on how to get to ssid and how do you connect to the _ext. im really lost on steps to get the job done

bobnosnarb :
Do you know how you connected your computer to your router? Lower right corner the signal bars, just click and you should see the available networks. If the repeater is connected to your router you should see one with SSID_EXT. SSID being the name of your routers network connection.

Customer :
I give up i just dont know why Netgear have discontinued the sign in domain

bobnosnarb :
I don't think they have, we just need to figure out how to connect to it. Give me a shout later and we can work on it.