loadedmind
loadedmind, System Administrator
Experience:  Several years experience networking at enterprise level.
24048999

How do I remove or disable my password XXXXX to get into my

How do I remove or disable my password XXXXX to get into my computer?
Category: Networking
Expert:  loadedmind replied 4 years ago.

loadedmind :

Hi, I'm John. Can you please tell me which operating system your computer is using? Ex. Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, or Mac OS 10.6.8, or Linux Mint.

Customer:

I have windows 2001xp

Customer:

loadedmind :

Ok, what you'll want to do is download and burn a disk as ISO or bootable. Are you at all familiar with this process? If not, I can walk you through it. Also, do you know whether your computer has a CD burner and do you have a blank CD-R to use for this process?

Customer:

Yes, I do have a blank CD and yes, my computer can burn CDs.No I don't know about the ISO.

loadedmind :

Ok, so what you'll need to do first is obtain the ISO. To do this, open a web browser and type the following:

loadedmind :

linuxslacker.com/cd080802.iso

loadedmind :

This will prompt you to download the ISO file. Next, you'll want to download and install a program that will allow you to write an image to disk. Type this next address in your browser:
DANGEROUS URL REMOVED/download

loadedmind :

You can take the default answers to the questions during the installation of the last program. The program is called Infrarecorder and is free.

loadedmind :

After you've downloaded the ISO, then downloaded and installed Infrarecorder, launch the program. From the list of options, choose "Write Image" button at the bottom left. This will open a new window.

loadedmind :

Browse to the cd080802.iso file and choose Open.

loadedmind :

Ensure that your CD burner device is what's chosen at the top of the new window. Will probably start with a D or an E for the drive letter associated with your burner. Make sure you have a blank CD-R in the CD burner, then click Ok. This will start the process of burning the ISO image to disk. Let me know once you've gotten this far please.

Customer:

I Still can't type anything. the I bar is just steady flashing. I am typing you from my lap top.

loadedmind :

Does your laptop have a CD burner?

Customer:

no.

loadedmind :

Does any other computer at this location have a CD burner?

Customer:

yes, it does have a CD portal.

Customer:

I lost you for a minute when I put the CD in my laptop. Thank You for the help,but I don't feel that my old pc can be saved. I will probably junk it .

Customer:

Goodbye.

Customer:

Customer:

loadedmind :

It can be saved and I'm willing to help, but it's your choice.