TechGrant, System Administrator
Experience:  I am a network engineer for a small firm and work with multiple small business firms for all there server/administration needs.

I have a rca blue ray dics player with internet capability.

Customer Question

I have a rca blue ray dics player with internet capability. Its a rca rtb1023g, netflick bd881101=1030117574700040a. I have wireless service , I have my wireless service name and password. What do I need to do to set my blue ray disk up ? Is it inernet ready or is there something I need to buy?
Category: Networking
Expert:  TechGrant replied 4 years ago.

Thsi particualr Blu Ray player is internet READY but not wifi READY or it is not BUILTIN WIFI either, you got two options.

Since it has a ETHERNET port on the back of the blu-ray player you can run a sable from your ROUTER (ports 1-4, any one) to the blu-ray player it will tehn find the settings automatically on the blu-ray player

If you do want it to be wireless you will need to buy an adapter to make it wireless I will provide the link below:

That is the adapter you want to make it wireless. Please ACCEPT this answer if I provided you with the information you needed. Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have my blue ray disc player Lan connected to Ethernet on Router,
Internet on router to adapter, power on adapter to wall. I have all green solid lights on the adapter and lights on the router. when i tried to connect it says no usb is connected. Do it mean the usb on the disc player or the usb on my modem from century link, or usb on computer. My computer is downstairs and disc player is upstairs. What did i do wrong?
Expert:  TechGrant replied 4 years ago.
So did you purchase a USB adapter for the wifi on the blu ray player? If it is connected then you don't need the cable connected to the blu-ray player just the USB. Now if the USB is plugged into your blu ray then that's what is say no connection then it's the blu ray not the other devices. Could you give me the model number of the USB wifi stick? Remember that the USB wifi and the Ethernet cable tithe blu ray should not be used together just need one plugged in.