Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I am unable to access www.mywifiext.net. I have read the answer

I am unable to access www.mywifiext.net. I have read the answer of some 178 days ago but don't know how to check those steps.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 5 years ago.

Do you have a laptop? Did you disconnect the laptop from your wireless , and connect to the wireless network name called NETGEAR_EXT yet? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I have a desktop. I am trying to get my ipad2 to work from where we sit at night. It acknowledges Mary_EXT but wont seem to lock in.
How did you set the name to Mary_EXT? What happens when you connect to Mary_EXT? Is there any error message? Is the iPad able to connect to your wireless router (not extender)? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I connected the extender to the computer to get Mary_EXT. The ipad2 just shows a thing whirling around next to the name but doesn't fully connect up at the top. I am fairly new to the ipad but at Virgin Lounge in Melbourne connected to their free wifi without any trouble. No doubt the signal strength is greater there.
OK, but is the iPad able to connect to your wireless router (not the extender)? What's the brand and model of your wireless router? thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
As it has Mary_ext I didn't know how to change it to the router. My router is a Netgear N600 and the extender is a WN2000RPT.
Can you go to the website http://www.routerlogin.net/ , or could be the website http://192.168.1.1/ or http://192.168.0.1/, and login with:
  • Username = admin
  • Password = password
  • if it does not work, try password = 1234

Then click on the Wireless settings option to get your wireless network name and security key/passphrase , if any, then connect the iPad to that wireless network name? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will try that, thanks.
You're welcome; please let me know after trying. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well I loged in and had a look at all the settings, also added the iPad on to the list of the Sony Bravia TV. The SSIS name said Netgear-5G but that didn't work neither did the NETGEAR-Guest. What now??!!
From the Wireless settings option, can you change the wireless name (SSID) to something else that does not have the dash - or any special character and save, then check? Can you make sure the security mode/type is set to WPA2/WPA... and save and check? If needed, can you disable security and check? Thanks.